Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Poll

What's it going to be?

Coffee
- 19 (51.4%)
Tea
- 12 (32.4%)
Tacos
- 6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?  (Read 19590 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 03:06:00 pm »

Oh hey you know what I found out lately?  That New Orleans coffee with chicory in it is the coffee I have been looking for all my life.  Even though it comes ground in a can, which is anathema to the modern coffee mind.  And then you get those nice useful empty coffee cans too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 03:36:01 pm »

I like my coffee like I like my men... dressed up in enough whipped cream and flavoring that you don't realize the bitterness until after the initial neurochemical rush has subsided and tolerance has already begun to take root.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 03:41:09 pm »

I like my coffee like I like my men... dressed up in enough whipped cream and flavoring that you don't realize the bitterness until after the initial neurochemical rush has subsided and tolerance has already begun to take root.

V gets with the guys but in the end she does not like them.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 03:46:22 pm »

if i stated that i drank coffee, would anyone be surprised?

really would you be surprised that i drank coffee, and in large volumes, because i've been told that i don't seem to be the type of person who would drink coffee and i've also been told that i seem to be the type of person who would drink coffee so i really think the answer to my question could easily go either way and i'm just not sure what the consensus opinion on it would be, but i still really like coffee as it is a very good and tasty beverage that never leads me astray unlike that one guy i knew but then he drank coffee too so i'm not entirely sure what theta means except in the end i am a devoted coffee drinker, so much so in fact that i really don't care what type of coffee i'm drinking, folgers, maxwell house, gas station brew, aw hell i'll even drink starbucks' coffee even though it isn't good, but then that's the great thing about coffee in that even the bad coffee is way better than no coffee?

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 03:47:03 pm »

Oh hey you know what I found out lately?  That New Orleans coffee with chicory in it is the coffee I have been looking for all my life.  Even though it comes ground in a can, which is anathema to the modern coffee mind.  And then you get those nice useful empty coffee cans too.

I have my own secret CDM connection as well, for the rare times I drink coffee.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 04:01:08 pm »

I'm not gonna lie.

I cannot tell the difference between good coffee and bad coffee.

both sides of my family only drink tea.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 04:22:08 pm »

if i stated that i drank coffee, would anyone be surprised?

I think the 500 word run-on sentence pretty much confirms it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 04:25:29 pm »

I hate coffee. While I can occassionally find it tolerable, I can promise you a GOOD cup of tea wins hands down, everytime. Sure, sometimes it turns into milky, sugary boiled water, but that's all part of the fun of making it.

Tacos are infinitely preferable to either, but you can't drink tacos. They are food.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 04:26:30 pm »

I cannot tell the difference between good coffee and bad coffee.

It is pretty much the same in my case. I have tried what I have been told is good coffee and it tastes like the bad coffee to me. The smell is totally delicious but I can't really enjoy the taste of coffee except as a trace flavoring in various pastries, ice creams, etc.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 04:31:23 pm »

I take my morning cup of Earl Grey with a bit of soymilk and sugar.  I find honey is only preferrable in green tea and chai.

Jough, what you are drinking is not tea.  What you are drinking is the UN-TEA.  Never, ever mistake iced tea for real tea; it is just plain wrong.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 04:54:03 pm »

The smell is totally delicious but I can't really enjoy the taste of coffee except as a trace flavoring in various pastries, ice creams, etc.

This effect has always baffled me. Why does coffee always smell so great even if you dislike the taste? It's not like it smells any different from its flavor, but the smell is about a billion times more delicious. Maybe I should just start wafting myself coffee.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 04:56:17 pm »

Maybe I should just start wafting myself coffee.

That's still illegal in some states.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 04:59:23 pm »

I think it has to do with the majority of people not really knowing how to brew coffee.  You can't just throw some grounds into a filter and pour in an arbitrary amount of water.  Only about the first half(?) of the flavor that can be extracted from coffee doesn't taste like bitter crap.  This is just truth.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 05:07:24 pm »

I think that's the thing about the coffee with chicory, that it tastes to me more the way coffee smells. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 05:19:20 pm »

This effect has always baffled me. Why does coffee always smell so great even if you dislike the taste? It's not like it smells any different from its flavor, but the smell is about a billion times more delicious. Maybe I should just start wafting myself coffee.

Are you high? Coffee, beer, and kraut fall into the category of Food That Smells So Horrific I Can't Figure Out How People Even Get It Near Their Mouths.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up