Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Poll

What's it going to be?

Coffee
- 19 (51.4%)
Tea
- 12 (32.4%)
Tacos
- 6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36


Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?  (Read 19560 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 01:30:17 pm »

If I remember my Italian teacher correctly, it would pretty common to be served an entire cup of expresso in Italy.  Also, if you order coffee, you get expresso by default.

THERE IS NO X IN ESPRESSO
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2006, 07:28:21 pm »

THERE IS NO X IN ESPRESSO

RED PENN'D!
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2006, 08:32:45 pm »

:hangs head:

The shame...
Logged
ACHIEVE

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2006, 11:59:43 pm »

Cafe' Americano is, according to Starbucks, equal portions of espresso and boiling water, which sounds reasonable in terms of what you are describing because I'm sure that would still be stronger than regular brewed coffee. They even refer to it as "American drip coffee -- Italian style" which is definitely an Americentric way to look at it.

Wikipedia says the strength between drip coffee and cafe americano is similar but the flavor different. Guess I'll walk down to Starbucks and try one.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 12:06:19 am by AlohaDawg »
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2006, 12:31:04 am »

For extra thrills, try to get an iced Americano. This would be made with a shot of fresh espresso, ice cubes, and cold water. It is basically impossible to get this made properly.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2006, 01:10:36 am »

Well, I'm drinking the hot Americano and it needs nothing. I don't usually drink black coffee, but this stuff smelled so different from drip - richer, and the smell gave me more different kinds of flavor notes than drip - that I thought I'd try it black. And it's pretty good.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2006, 03:51:51 am »

I like coffee, and if it's good, I like it black.  But too much gives me serious heartburn.

Shitty coffee is still ok, as long as it is sweetened and milkened/creamed.  Less heartburn that way, too.

I also like tea, but, I don't know, coffee just so much easier to find.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2006, 05:39:11 pm »

TEA UPDATE: Not surprisingly, Dunkin' Donuts has atrocious tea.  No flavours or anything, just "plain tea."  It was probably Lipton's.  This made the nine-hour drive down the East Coast all the more unpleasant.

Shudder!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2006, 03:48:56 pm »

TEA UPDATE: Not surprisingly, Dunkin' Donuts has atrocious tea.  No flavours or anything, just "plain tea."  It was probably Lipton's.  This made the nine-hour drive down the East Coast all the more unpleasant.

Shudder!

I've gotten decent tea there.  They have a real good chai spice.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 06:56:37 pm »

TEA UPDATE: Not surprisingly, Dunkin' Donuts has atrocious tea.  No flavours or anything, just "plain tea."  It was probably Lipton's.  This made the nine-hour drive down the East Coast all the more unpleasant.

Shudder!

Did you manage to go into the only one that doesn't have Indians or Pakistanis running the place? I've gotten OK tea there before.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2006, 04:56:30 am »

I think that although both coffee and tea are good, I vote tea as the clear winner. My favorite is Thai Iced Tea. I've been into the whole boba thing, but I can't get it where I live in Alaska. I plan to spend all my money (Ray in Germany style) on boba tea while I'm here.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2006, 12:53:05 pm »

I think that although both coffee and tea are good, I vote tea as the clear winner. My favorite is Thai Iced Tea. I've been into the whole boba thing, but I can't get it where I live in Alaska. I plan to spend all my money (Ray in Germany style) on boba tea while I'm here.

Can't you just go somewhere like Teavanna and buy a bag of the tapioca pearls to take home? As I understand it they're vacuum sealed and stay good just about forever.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2006, 04:41:55 am »

Can't you just go somewhere like Teavanna and buy a bag of the tapioca pearls to take home? As I understand it they're vacuum sealed and stay good just about forever.

That is a very good idea. Tomorrow I'll bust out the yellow pages and figure out the location of the closest Asian market. From what I understand, you only have to soak/cook the dried pearls for about 40 minutes total. I could probably use my rice cooker to make them. And once they're cooked, they keep for a couple of days. Capital idea, CJ!
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2006, 07:29:59 am »

That is a very good idea. Tomorrow I'll bust out the yellow pages and figure out the location of the closest Asian market. From what I understand, you only have to soak/cook the dried pearls for about 40 minutes total. I could probably use my rice cooker to make them. And once they're cooked, they keep for a couple of days. Capital idea, CJ!

I was inspired, and did this very thing yesterday.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2006, 12:34:47 pm »

you think you're better than us?

wait... nevermind.

Quote
you're better than us!

fixed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 01:13:09 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up