Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Poll

What's it going to be?

Coffee
- 19 (51.4%)
Tea
- 12 (32.4%)
Tacos
- 6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36


Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?  (Read 19569 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2006, 10:46:01 am »

Neither.

I'll take a bump of adderall.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2006, 01:13:52 pm »

The tapioca pearls are about the only part of bubble tea that I don't like.  I remember being on a grassy knoll with some friends, and we were all shootin out our tapioca pearls through those big-ol straws like pea-shooters.  It's true, I was the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

Also, I love Chai.  I want to drink Chai lattes every day from now on!  My espresso/cappuccino/coffee maker has a milk-steamer function that I have yet to figure out.  Lost instruction manuals and curiosity will surely lead to horrific burns!   Off I go!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2006, 06:35:35 am »

Are you high? Coffee, beer, and kraut fall into the category of Food That Smells So Horrific I Can't Figure Out How People Even Get It Near Their Mouths.

Oh. My. God.  Have you NO LOVE for our microbial friends who make our lives golden and delicious? 

I [heart] beeer [yeah homebrew!] and kraut . . . not to mention some of those other delicious microbes, such as _P. roquefortii_  in many aged cheeses, the 10+ bacteria in the delicious fermented dairy bevvy known as kefir, and tons of other delicious microbes that vastly improve our human existence.

Re:  the coffee vs tea vs tacos debate.  I love coffee, but I also have an unbelievable love for yerba mate; the delicious, vitamin and electrolyte laced South American tea.  So delicious!
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2006, 07:03:04 am »

Neither.

I'll take a bump of adderall.

Add cigarettes and a bowl for the best wake up routine ever.   And water.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2006, 10:19:57 am »

I [heart] beeer [yeah homebrew!]...

We've got 5 gallons of wheat beer ready to bottle today. Best hobby ever.

Yerba Mahte is pretty gross, though. My friend spent a lot of time in South America and she loves the stuff, but the rest of us gag from the mere smell.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2006, 11:45:04 am »

I [heart] beeer [yeah homebrew!] and kraut

Ach du lieber!

Quote
and tons of other delicious microbes that vastly improve our human existence.

Like gonorrhea!

Quote
Re:  the coffee vs tea vs tacos debate.  I love coffee, but I also have an unbelievable love for yerba mate; the delicious, vitamin and electrolyte laced South American tea.  So delicious!

But what about the tacos?

WHAT ABOUT THE TACOS PEOPLE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2006, 03:44:10 pm »

So my recent diagnosis with osteoarthritis has spurred me to more aggressively force myself to consume milk, though I don't like milk all that much.  And so I decided to do the potentially dangerous thing and try to used our espresson/ cappuccino/ coffee maker/ steamer - in spite of the lost instruction manual - to steam me up a chia latte with pretty foam.  It was quite a site to see, me cringing with oven mitts on struggling with knobs and leavers, when magically and exactly as I hoped, our happy little steamer burbled into action, and viola, but first foamy chai latte, sans third degree burns.  I am proud of myself.  Also, I used a coffee machine to make a tea-based beverage - do I get bonus points for bringing the two worlds together?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2006, 03:48:13 pm »

So my recent diagnosis with osteoarthritis has spurred me to more aggressively force myself to consume milk, though I don't like milk all that much.  And so I decided to do the potentially dangerous thing and try to used our espresson/ cappuccino/ coffee maker/ steamer - in spite of the lost instruction manual - to steam me up a chia latte with pretty foam.  It was quite a site to see, me cringing with oven mitts on struggling with knobs and leavers, when magically and exactly as I hoped, our happy little steamer burbled into action, and viola, but first foamy chai latte, sans third degree burns.  I am proud of myself.  Also, I used a coffee machine to make a tea-based beverage - do I get bonus points for bringing the two worlds together?

If you don't like milk, you can always take calcium supplements.  Technically I'm supposed to be doing this because of my veganism and a long and glorious history of osteopenia and osteoporosis in my family, but I am lazy and I take enough damn pills as it is.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2006, 04:39:35 pm »

If you don't like milk, you can always take calcium supplements.  Technically I'm supposed to be doing this because of my veganism and a long and glorious history of osteopenia and osteoporosis in my family, but I am lazy and I take enough damn pills as it is.

Sounds like somebody needs the Femeboost at the Whole Foods Smoothie bar.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2006, 05:13:11 pm »

Actually in a catch 22, I am not supposed to take calcium supplements because they counter act other medication I take for my underactive thyroid.  I've been trying to figure out if I take my medication in the morning and my calcium tablet at bedtime, if there is enough time between for both to be absorbed without canceling each other out.  It's hard to say.  They drug warning on my thyroxine simply warn to not take calcium supplements.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2006, 05:22:56 pm »

Actually in a catch 22

So they keep raising the number of flights you have to do just as you're about to do them?  and if you refuse they say you're sane and capable of flying?

Are you buying eggs in Malta?

I certainly hope so...
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2006, 06:52:13 pm »

Actually in a catch 22, I am not supposed to take calcium supplements because they counter act other medication I take for my underactive thyroid.  I've been trying to figure out if I take my medication in the morning and my calcium tablet at bedtime, if there is enough time between for both to be absorbed without canceling each other out.  It's hard to say.  They drug warning on my thyroxine simply warn to not take calcium supplements.

Since it's an absorption issue, taking the drugs with enough time in between will not impede the absorption.  The most ideal time would be to take the calcium 12 hours after the synthroid, but 6-8 hours would probably be fine.
Logged
ACHIEVE

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2006, 10:07:43 pm »

We've got 5 gallons of wheat beer ready to bottle today. Best hobby ever.

Homebrewing IS the best hobby ever.  Right now the boyfriend and I "have to" finish off a 5 gal keg of stout to make room for our newest golden ale with lime--you know, because there isn't enough room in our 2 tap kegerator.  Oh, and we're both teachers, so we're enjoying our summer plenty! 

Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2006, 10:23:33 pm »

We want to start kegging, but we don't really have the capital right now. Kegerators are pricey!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2006, 11:17:15 pm »

Pegging is cheaper - maybe you could start with that.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up