Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Poll

What's it going to be?

Coffee
- 19 (51.4%)
Tea
- 12 (32.4%)
Tacos
- 6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36


Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?  (Read 19601 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2007, 09:53:41 pm »

yes.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2007, 08:41:06 am »

damn, that's bull.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2007, 06:32:20 pm »

Check the date on the prescription, though.  Sometimes they run for a surprisingly long time.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2007, 06:43:09 pm »

What? Is it ever illegal to take a prescription drug?  As opposed to procuring it in an unauthorized fashion?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2007, 06:44:48 pm »

I just got a ritalin prescription a week or two ago, and when I took it for the first time it felt like being assimilated by the borg.  My thoughts were running around like happy free children in a field, and then the ritalin tractor beam came and picked them up and carried them, kicking and screaming, to their boxes.  "No!" they clamored, "I was thinking about something!  I'm not done!"  To no avail.  Once they were all boxed up in neat little rows they looked up at me, saying, "So Alternate, what do you want us to do now?"  It was really creepy.  I was like, "What?  You guys want to obey me?  But you never do that.  Shouldn't you be out running in circles and breaking things, or something?" 



Whoa, I just now really read this post, and I need some of this stuff. At least some days.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2007, 06:58:17 pm »

How on earth would you ever get caught?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2007, 07:27:48 pm »

Well, sure, but there are plenty of things that are illegal that it's hard to get caught doing if you have, like, a decent lock on the bedroom door. It doesn't mean there aren't crazy laws against it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2007, 09:21:45 pm »

well, I mean, yeah. I decided to break that law. It would have been kind of silly to feel bad about taking something which was given to my by a doctor... when... I mean... my doctor does not give me vodka, and yet I drink this substance.

edit: TI? more like... TMI! Suffice it to say the stuff I had previously posted here was unnecessary, basically trying to justify to myself what I could have summed up as... what I have now inserted above.

I am working on the thing where I feel the urge to relate everything that pops into my head.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 09:41:15 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2007, 10:40:40 pm »

I don't see how it could be against the law to take something you have an old prescription for. I have two bottles of controlled substances in my medicine cabinet that I got when I had surgery (neither of which I took because I am terrified of drugs, but that is another story.)  These prescriptions were written to be filled one time with no refills so basically they expired the moment I filled them the first time.  Would it have been illegal for me to take them that day? Was I only permitted to take them for 7 days if I had seven pills, and if I skipped a day but then took one on the eighth day was that illegal?  I don't see how that's possible. So how could it be illegal now?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2007, 03:10:56 am »

They give expiration dates, refill limits, and symptom guidelines for a reason. ;)


That's why.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2007, 10:06:25 pm »

How on earth would you ever get caught?

A few years back some friends were helping me move, and one of them asked "You got any Tylenol or anything?"  All I could readily find was Tylenol with codeine that I got via prescription when I pulled a muscle a few months earlier.  "This is a prescription," I told her, "take it at your own risk."  She did so.

A couple weeks later, she had to take a drug test for a new job.  Zing!  Positive for codeine, and when she couldn't produce a scrip they said "Too bad, no jobby job for you."

I felt awful about it, but she was cool, said it was her own fault.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2007, 08:45:27 pm »

I think the best way to judge the situation is this - if you went to your doctor today and asked him to re-write the prescription, would he?  If so, it's sorta moot.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2007, 09:20:34 pm »

yeah. I did that. And it is mostly working out? it seems to be making me really nervous, though... my mouth is dry and I'm queasy all day. Weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2007, 09:38:56 pm »

A few years back some friends were helping me move, and one of them asked "You got any Tylenol or anything?"  All I could readily find was Tylenol with codeine that I got via prescription when I pulled a muscle a few months earlier.  "This is a prescription," I told her, "take it at your own risk."  She did so.

A couple weeks later, she had to take a drug test for a new job.  Zing!  Positive for codeine, and when she couldn't produce a scrip they said "Too bad, no jobby job for you."

I felt awful about it, but she was cool, said it was her own fault.

But what if you took it? And the prescription was that old?  No job for you either?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2007, 10:27:05 pm »

yeah. I did that. And it is mostly working out? it seems to be making me really nervous, though... my mouth is dry and I'm queasy all day. Weird.

Yeah, I think it might be doing that to me, too.  Lately I've been like, "Oh god!  I'm so stressed out!  I mean... my homework is all done, I'm ahead of schedule on everything, socially and financially I'm doing fine, but... there must be something to be stressed out about!  Give me a minute, I'll think of something..." 

I am working on the thing where I feel the urge to relate everything that pops into my head.

See, for most people this would be a problem, but in your case the random crap that your brain says to you is actually interesting.  I didn't see what you erased, though, so I can't really speak to this particular instance.
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up