Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!  (Read 7115 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« on: September 11, 2003, 06:23:59 pm »

Drew's comics do nothing for me.  Went to the site and read a few more to make sure I wasn't missing something, but I've yet to find the slightest trace of humor in them.  Oh of course the drawing is great and all...

The Johnny Cash thing is just cromulent.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 06:47:46 pm »

It's the mother of all suckiness. But I clicked there, anyway. Probably somewhere is a list of everyone who clicked. And they sit around and laugh at us.
Logged

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 07:10:32 pm »

I got a bit of a chuckle from Onstad's Johnny Cash thing; it was small I promise
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 07:25:18 pm »

I must confess there was small bit of humor clinging to the words "a lake".
I felt sorry for it, all alone in such a humorless place.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 08:11:22 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I must confess there was small bit of humor clinging to the words "a lake".
I felt sorry for it, all alone in such a humorless place.


Thank you, Aloha.  You summed up my feelings perfectly.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 08:21:48 pm »

I have tried to avoid complaining about the Variety Hour.

But, I LOVE Drew (I am wearing his Shut Up shirt right now, in honor of his having proclaimed today International Shut Up Day), and yet, this is surely not one of his best.  Please, click on the link and go look at more of them if you haven't.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 09:31:46 pm »

I had to look up the word cromulent and I'm still confused on whether it's a good thing or not ..bwah.

It is true; no real funny, but eh.  is there a reason that drew comics have appeared more than once in zee variety hour?  no one else wants to contribute to the suckiness?  

I'm wearing the gang sines shirt right now by the way; I wish I had the shut up shirt, too.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 10:10:14 pm »

Quote from: "starlight"
I had to look up the word cromulent and I'm still confused on whether it's a good thing or not ..bwah.


Jebediah Springfield: [on film] A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.
Edna: Embiggens?  I never heard that word before I moved to Springfield
Ms.Hoover: I don't know why.  It's a perfectly cromulent word.

The general consensus is that it means "fine" or "acceptable"
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2003, 11:31:13 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "starlight"
I had to look up the word cromulent and I'm still confused on whether it's a good thing or not ..bwah.


Jebediah Springfield: [on film] A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.
Edna: Embiggens?  I never heard that word before I moved to Springfield
Ms.Hoover: I don't know why.  It's a perfectly cromulent word.

The general consensus is that it means "fine" or "acceptable"


Ah, okay.  I was figuring it was that, but there were a lot o' definitions in the Urban Dictionary though :D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 01:12:35 am »

Quote from: "starlight"
I had to look up the word cromulent


I cannot describe how happy this makes me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2003, 01:13:29 am »

By the way, did you know that the word "gullible" doesn't appear in any dictionary?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2003, 02:37:46 am »

Aagh, this was another occasion where I read someone's signature as part of their post, and thought "It's all about the eyebrows" was the punchline to AugustWest's comments.
Foiled again.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2003, 02:44:04 am »

"It's all about the eyebrows" is the punch line to *all* of August's posts.

He's completely a funny guy.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2003, 03:41:58 am »

Gosh, thanks so much, Raymond.

Perhaps Onstad will read this thread, have a change of heart and make it the "Fit Sixteen"!  (Sublime Sixteen?)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

MrH

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Oh happy day, it's Thursday again!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2003, 05:05:49 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
But, I LOVE Drew..

WORD.  His drawings are good in a different way that achewod is good but they are good.  Actually the drawings aren't very good but the captions are so that makes the drawings good, too.  

Playa    h a te a s.  to each their own.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up