Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?  (Read 8626 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2006, 06:22:54 pm »

I am looking forward to trading Clemens in my Dynasty league to a contender for some quality youth.


LittleFalls, what do you think about the Milledge homer celebration semi-controversy and how excited are you to see the last of Cliff Floyd?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 02:00:51 pm »

Anybody want to come to DC for Nats-Yankees on Sunday?  I have an extra ticket and I can't fuck*ng GIVE it away.  Doesn't help that it's Father's Day--all my friends with kids are busy.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 03:22:03 pm »

Yeah, I'm spending the day with my dad.  Otherwise I'd totally be there.  I was a big Yanks fan in my youth.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 06:58:42 pm »

Oh, well if you're a Yankees fan, you're not welcome.

I finally found someone to go.  I have extras for Thursday, July 6 (afternoon game) and Thursday, August 10 (evening), both against the Marlins, if anyone is seriously interested.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 09:23:00 pm »

Who the fuck is a Nationals fan?  They're not even a real team!

This is what, their second season?  It's hard to be a dyed-in-the-wool fan of a team that is newer than Britney Spears's kid, man.

Actually, any team that wasn't in existence back when I was a kid pretty much seems fake to me.

Now the Expos, they were a team...

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 02:15:01 pm »

I own a Montreal Expos road jersey, thank you very much.  And I own a Homestead Grays jersey.  Old-schooley school.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 02:32:39 pm »


Actually, any team that wasn't in existence back when I was a kid pretty much seems fake to me.


I totally agree.  I have the same feeling about airlines, which is more of an inconvenience because it makes me afraid to fly on them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 03:56:22 pm »

I totally agree.  I have the same feeling about airlines, which is more of an inconvenience because it makes me afraid to fly on them.

Stick to Braniff, Piedmont and TWA and you'll be just fine.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 04:14:21 pm »

Stick to Braniff, Piedmont and TWA and you'll be just fine.

Considering how much I dislike flying, actually that would be perfect.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Can (non-fantasy) baseball have its own thread too?
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2006, 11:41:01 pm »

Considering how much I dislike flying, actually that would be perfect.

I'm a Pan Am man myself! I love the Stewardess outfits.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up