Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mindless Link Propagation  (Read 4821 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Mindless Link Propagation
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:40:30 pm »

Oddly Compelling

It uses blogs so I guess it's not a surprise that on May 7th 21 people wanted to disappear and 7 wanted to die... that's basically a standard day for the blogosphere.  (good god I hate the word blog ((also blogosphere)) but this is not the intersection of time and place on my life matrix.)

All the ones I've found come up livejournal so maybe that is all they use (though they claim "blogs" to be the source), my statement can still however ring true if this is the case.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 02:44:08 pm »

I think they're using Technorati's API to search, so other blogs should also show up in their results.

I saw that link on Waxy's Links yesterday.  Sort of interesting, although I don't see why I'd need to ever go back there.  It's nice as a novelty, but there's no real content there.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 02:52:47 pm »

Indeed, it just sparks my OCD need to collect random data and lists.

This is probably (eventually) a problem.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 03:09:45 pm »

Indeed, it just sparks my OCD need to collect random data and lists.

This is probably (eventually) a problem.

So are you like the #1 poster at Things That Don't Exist?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 03:17:54 pm »

So are you like the #1 poster at Things That Don't Exist?

Not yet...  dammit.

Seriously though, the reason I limit myself to one list a day elsewhere is I will otherwise do it until I die of malnutrition and obsession.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 03:30:05 pm »

Too bad this doesn't account for sarcasm.  Q and Cort, you know what we need here: Frink's Sarcasm Detector.

As of 11:29 AM (EST), 11 May 2006, "7 PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE IT."
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 03:37:02 pm »

Glavin.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 03:39:34 pm »

Ooh, a sarcasm detector.  Oh, that's a *real* useful invention.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 04:11:04 pm »

(good god I hate the word blog ((also blogosphere)) but this is not the intersection of time and place on my life matrix.)

You should call it the "Blogodrome".  Much more betterer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 05:09:50 pm by FlipConstantine »
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 04:39:57 pm »

The Blogodrome: One hundred million men enter, one man leaves.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 04:52:25 pm »

The Blogodrome: One hundred million men enter, one man leaves.

I thought that was Shredder's mobile underground headquarters.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 05:32:18 pm »

The Blogodrome: One hundred million men enter, one man leaves.

There can be only one....  Highlander?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 05:51:21 pm »

I always thought a 'drome' was an area of some kind, as in 'aerodrome'.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 05:58:10 pm »

This would definitely not explain Videodrome.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Mindless Link Propagation
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 06:03:17 pm »

drome
suff.
Racecourse: hippodrome.
Field; arena: airdrome.
Running: palindrome.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Latin -dromus, from Greek dromos, racecourse.]

Source: The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Education
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up