Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Will I have to get a note from my parents?  (Read 8483 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2006, 11:13:12 pm »

What are you training to be?

I assume you've already been through basic.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 02:35:44 am »

NC!? Yay! I am in that state.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 02:44:17 am »

Good to hear from you again leppercorn, how you finding life in the service anyway? Ordered a code red yet?

My avatar nothing, you should see the one's Roger's been throwing out while you were gone.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2006, 03:15:02 am »

Porkin!!!!  Man i've been missing you.  Is our nations weiner supply safe this night?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2006, 01:43:17 am »

Yes, yes of course. You can rest easy tonight knowing that the weiners of America are safe from alll those who wish them ill.

To answer AugustWest's question: yes, I have already been through recruit training, I was actually in the Marine reserves for two years before I got activated. I'm already an artillery cannoneer, but I won't be performing that duty in Iraq. Looks like it's going to be some kind of security-type job at an air base.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 02:13:01 am »

Man they should give you a cannon anyway: you're doing a patrol, bad dudes show up and BAM you whip a cannon out of your holster. Totally awesome, high fives all round.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 10:01:19 am »

We still have cannons?

Can you shoot clowns out of them or something?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2006, 01:07:57 pm »

Man they should give you a cannon anyway: you're doing a patrol, bad dudes show up and BAM you whip a cannon out of your holster. Totally awesome, high fives all round.

If you're going to carry a hand cannon then you must dress up like Rick Deckard. It's the rules.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2006, 02:26:11 pm »

We still have cannons?

Can you shoot clowns out of them or something?

This is basically the best idea ever.  Just fire clowns at the enemy.  Either humour will war their hearts, or the clowns will set up outlets of a global fastfood chain, and the enemy's nation will be brought down by obesity and poor nutrition.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2006, 02:43:54 pm »

This is basically the best idea ever.  Just fire clowns at the enemy.  Either humour will war their hearts, or the clowns will set up outlets of a global fastfood chain, and the enemy's nation will be brought down by obesity and poor nutrition.

Or the enemy will be kept awake at night in the fear that the clowns will eat them.  Eventually, after a few days with no sleep, hallucinations and other such manifestations of extreme sleep deprivation will get the better of them, and they will surrender.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2006, 02:47:39 pm »

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 10:16:13 pm »

You have ruined my sleep. 

My work here is done.


</Deletes Account>
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2006, 05:34:24 am »

oh my god.
I am officially confusing you people with people that I know in real life.
and confusing "the board" with "a dream."

thus:

"oh man, jennifer, I had a dream last night that you were afraid of clowns, and Parker was making fun of you about it!"

this was a scant time ago. I do not think I shall tell the girl that I was confusing her with Hobot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Will I have to get a note from my parents?
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2006, 05:59:48 am »

Ipkrn, nice avatar. Those 80s vanity albums of Teodor's are the best.

Are you getting deployed...overseas? Just make sure that you don't dump your fiancee by phone while she is at work when you finally to get to come back Stateside, okay? Just checking.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up