Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTLE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006  (Read 4001 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential

Holy Cow

That head does look rather smug.

Alternate title: WELL YOU AND I SHOULD PROBABLY LOSE SOME WEIGHT.

Or:  YOU EVER SHOOT A PERCH?

Whichever suits your fancy.


I particularly liked that the whole exchange was conducted in capital letters.  No typesetting technique better displays emotion, I think.



Fix'd spelling in the subject - Jough
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 02:13:54 pm by jough »
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 07:31:13 am »

There has been better emotion through typesetting, but not often.

I love this strip. It's like when you get in a fight with a friend and you're mad but you're totally unprepared for an actual argument so you just say the first thing that comes to mind and hope that it makes sense.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:44:25 am by evan »
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 07:48:18 am »

What a let down! No mass murderings. Which is a surprise, because Keith Moon's head was certainly foaming at the mouth. Not that you can tell, him being in water and all.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 08:08:01 am »

The truth will out.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:40:32 am »

An elegant ending to this strip could have been Ray's sassy face in the second to last panel, surrounded by a circle and written around the circle is RAYMOND QUENTIN SMUCKLES.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 09:19:21 am »

Well, I didn't see this happening.  Hopefully Ray won't lose weight.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 11:29:29 am »

dude, no.
you fail.

all of you fail.

Shoot it! Shoot it Ray!
I know, man! I know what you mean!

he doesn't do it. but he tells him that he understands what he means.
this is Ray. the idea of shooting Keith Moon is more important than actually doing it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 11:48:31 am »

Heh, Inevitable is right, that's the strip's highlight.
Also that Ray is shouting it from a safe distance.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 11:58:48 am »

I understand that you are wanting to shoot the head.  I get this.  Together, we understand that you mean that you want me to shoot the head.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 12:02:24 pm »

No, you are all still wrong.  The correct title was "YOU ARE A LOT OF THINGS, BUT YOU ARE NOT A GUY WHO SHOOTS A HEAD!"  As if there is a particular subset of people/talking cats/alive stuffed animals that fits this definition, the Guys Who Shoot Heads.  I mean, really, now.

To be fair, theinevitable's suggestion is runner-up.  It is also pretty good stuff.

Other delightful bits: Ray's eyebrows in the penultimate panel, and "SLERP!"
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 12:03:21 pm »

Clearly it's "YOU ARE A LOT OF THINGS, BUT YOU ARE NOT A GUY WHO SHOOTS A HEAD!"

I love that the entire strip is in CAPS-O-VISION!

Further, I was going to say that Ray was a little harsh to T, but then he included himself so... I don't even know.  I feel like T does in that 4th to last panel. All..  "uh.. um... oh..."

Ninja Edit: Dammit Hobot... a few seconds faster!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 12:50:15 pm »

The bear has been stunned by the cat's frank assessment and capable handling of the situation.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 12:55:48 pm »

The most beautiful thing is how the head returns to a delighted expression when ray goes to take it and leave.  Is the head happy that he has cause turmoil? Was the only point of anger for the head the idea that they would drink his head booze?

Just to state it again, I am enjoying this storyline so much.  It is great.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 01:35:57 pm »

This is the correct thread title.  Because really, that is the fundamental problem here.  (It would be better if all the words were spelled right, though.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 01:47:31 pm »

The severed head of the rock drummer does not want to see the stuffed animal and the cat fight.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up