Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTLE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006  (Read 3996 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 02:06:47 pm »

The head's expression on the 8th panel can only mean one thing: "HA! TAKE THAT YOU HEAD-SHOOTING OVERWEIGHT STUFFED BEAR!"
I mean, that's what it would be saying. If it could talk.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: MAYBEE YOUR A LITLE ST00PID WITH YOU'RE MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 04:33:21 pm »

Man I wake up this morning and everyone is dissing on my spelling.  I can't help it guys, okay? 
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTLE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 04:45:03 pm »

So... a bear and a very rich cat owning the disembodied head of Keith Moon and dealing with it flipping out is all... an analogy toward the trails and tribulations of being young parents dealing with who is supposed to take charge when the difficulties of parenthood kick in at their worst?

That's... pretty neat, I say.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTLE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 06:29:13 pm »

Ray may be an idiot with his Bennies, but you cannot, I repeat CANNOT, deny that he is a hell of a good friend.  He isn't arguing with T.  He's offering constructive criticism in an attempt both to better his chubby friend's quality of life and save the pseudo-life of Keith Moon's head in a jar.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTLE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 07:56:16 pm »

What I like best about this strip is that every line of dialogue is a potential thread title, and not just because it's all in caps. HE WANTS TO SEE WHY HE'S IN PAIN!

Also, I think we've all won an argument or two with the strategy of "say something so stupid and off-topic that your opponent has nothing further to say, allowing you to 'win' by default." It seems entirely Ray's sort of thing.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2006, 06:14:08 am »

dude, no.
you fail.

all of you fail.

Shoot it! Shoot it Ray!
I know, man! I know what you mean!

he doesn't do it. but he tells him that he understands what he means.
this is Ray. the idea of shooting Keith Moon is more important than actually doing it.

It's been said repeatedly but...theinevitable understands the strip. he totally knows, man, he knows what onstad means.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MAYBE YOU'RE A LITTLE STUPID WITH YOUR MONEY RAY - 12 May 2006
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 04:56:37 pm »

I feel so loved.

thank you for that.


I know man. I know what you mean! I totally know what is going on in the deepest thoughts of Mr Onstad!

although, V-Adore is also right.

This whole strip is basically Catch Phrases.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up