Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Asherdan!  (Read 12558 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« on: May 13, 2006, 10:54:16 pm »

Maybe if you added your birthday info to your profile we'd know ahead of time when your birthday was, dude.

Well, what can I say about Asherdan?  He's consistently been a non-crap dude, always contributing things that are at least somewhat interesting, and providing a unique insight into California living, although he's still not convinced me that the West Coast is not a completely culturally bankrupt hellhole.

So happy birthday.  May the streets burn like the many candles on your cake.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 11:14:58 pm »

Happy Birthday to you Mister Dan the Man.  I promise not to shank you and leave you in a ditch on this finest of days.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 11:38:52 pm »

Radiant birthday greetings to you, Mr Dan. I always associate you with Asher and Dan of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, which in turn reminds me of that time I played bass guitar in a production of said show. So I'm always reminded of bright colours and beautiful harmonies when I see your name.

Have a good 'un.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 01:26:10 am »

I don't think it's Asherdan's birthday.  I think they had a baby today.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 01:41:47 am »

Happy birthday, if it is your birthday.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 05:29:33 am »

happy birthday if it is your birthday

happy birthday to a small one (ie: a small asher and/or dan), if it is a small one's birthday.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 05:36:51 am »

Happy birthday, as well.

Today, it could truly be said, we all have a brimful of Asherdan on our forty-fives.

Though I'm still confused as towards why "everybody needs a buckwheat groats pillow".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 05:53:16 am »

Though I'm still confused as towards why "everybody needs a buckwheat groats pillow".

I don't know why you ask, but buckwheat hull pillows are the greatest invention since the dang inclined plane.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 03:35:19 pm »

Oh.

Well, then just look at this thread next month when it's time. :P

Also, happy birthday Asherbaby.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 05:36:10 pm »

Congratulations on the little'un and happy be-earlied birthday, good sir!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 06:21:33 pm »

I don't know why you ask, but buckwheat hull pillows are the greatest invention since the dang inclined plane.

I... guess that building a post around a mishearing of a minor hit from about ten years ago really isn't the best way to get laughs. Sometimes I out-obscure myself, there's no doubt about that. No one remembers the one-hit wonder band Cornershop and their one-hit "Brimful of Asha"?

No one else played it on their college radio station and endless mistook the chorus "everybody needs a bosom for a pillow" for "everybody needs a buckwheat groats pillow"? Great. Now I'm weird AND old.

Happy birthday, still, whenever it is.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 06:28:04 pm »

I... guess that building a post around a mishearing of a minor hit from about ten years ago really isn't the best way to get laughs. Sometimes I out-obscure myself, there's no doubt about that. No one remembers the one-hit wonder band Cornershop and their one-hit "Brimful of Asha"?

No one else played it on their college radio station and endless mistook the chorus "everybody needs a bosom for a pillow" for "everybody needs a buckwheat groats pillow"? Great. Now I'm weird AND old.

Happy birthday, still, whenever it is.

Cornershop were so named due to the stereotypical image in Britain of an Indian/Pakistani/Bangledeshi family running a corner shop.

They got pretty popular over here.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 06:56:00 pm »

They got pretty popular over here.

Oh, cool. It's easy to forget that a band can be huge some places and nearly-forgotten in others.

There was a Canadian band, sort of a folky/funny/political little act, Moxy Fruvous, that was really quite good... but while once you're over the American border, they're thought of as this semi-obscure cult act with a small strong following, you jump over the Canadian border, they're derided and mocked because their first single "King of Spain" was by fluke insanely huge in Canada for a couple of months.

In Buffalo, you're huge with indie cred and underground feel... twenty miles over in Niagara Falls, you're a joke of a one-hit wonder that's hanging on for no apparent reason. I guess its similar with Cornershop?

Still, as long as everyone had as much trouble with the lyrics as I did, I'm fine with it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 08:45:54 pm »


I've got some great stories involving hospitals and how I wound up doing the baby catching for another time. It's lucky I've got 'the good hands' as they say in sports.

Oh dear.  Ought'nt a professional be doing that part of it?  Glad that you are all doing well.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan!
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 05:25:24 am »

Congrats, man!  I will smoke a cigar for you and your little one.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up