Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The stuff of which dreams are made  (Read 5806 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The stuff of which dreams are made
« on: May 14, 2006, 09:14:51 pm »

I have three really vivid dreams from my younger years.  One is so bizarre and trippy that I can't even begin to explain it.  The other involves a Joe Pesci-like character from Home Alone breaking into my room, but actually being pretty nice about it.  The other involves:

Teeny Little Super Guy.

I don't remember the dream that well, only that TLSG was in it.

Anyway, for years the character has been somewhere at the back of my mind.  Today, I watched another Sesame Street clip on a friend's blog, and had this crazy idea to try to find a clip or something on my guy.  I didn't remember the character's name, so googled something like: 'sesame street little cup guy walking clips,' and found his Wiki entry.  Then I googled 'Teeny Little Super Guy' and came up with some YouTube links.

Thanks Google, Wiki, and YouTube for helping recover a part of my childhood!  If only there existed a DVD compilation of TLSG clips.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 09:27:03 pm »

Oh god... Teeny Little Super Guy...


that weird columbo voice and the like... dammit.. now it's stuck in my head.

Damn you miles.. damn you...

Now I can think of the guy with the 10 banana cream pies who falls down the stairs...   and the "Me and My Llama" song and the buttonhole song and the.. oh fuckit.. damn you.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:59:32 am »

Personally, I've always wanted to live in a capital "I".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 02:57:11 pm »

Lady bugs twelve, at the lady bugs picnic - do-de-do-dooo
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 09:25:35 pm »

Personally, I've always wanted to live in a capital "I".

I as well, August. I as well.

... er, no pun intended.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 09:33:15 pm »

Teeny Little Super Guy used to be on TV all the time when I was a nipper. I was so enamoured with his antics that one day I got all the good glass and drew little people on them at five in the morning. When my Dad burst into the kitchen I promptly knocked half the glasses onto the floor, with only the champagne flutes that formed the enemy army still standing.

Poor Judy had his legs broke.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 09:38:59 pm »

Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 08:35:07 am »

Poor Judy had his legs broke.

God bless you sir, you are a good'un.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 09:06:10 am »

The youngest dreams I can remember are by far the most insane, surrealistic and the most frightening.  That shit is just pure subconsious goin' nuts.  No fancy learnin' to get in the way.

If I had dreams like those nowadays, my heart would certainly stop in my sleep.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 01:12:13 pm »

my little sister once had a dream that her pacifiers had returned for revenge (after she gave them up due to age).

it was a really terrifying dream.

my most bizzare dream at a young age was from this wierd Alice in Wonderland TV show. there were these two characters, and I dreampt that they were teling me my fortune-- "you will never dream again! You will never dream again!" in suitably wavery and creepy voices.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 01:23:57 pm »

One of the first dreams I remember as actually having a narrative is also one of the scariest dreams I've ever had. I dreamt that I woke up in the middle of the night, in my room, except that my bed had been surrounded by some sort of plexiglass box and I couldn't leave. I was just... trapped. It's strange, because there wasn't any imminent danger and I'm not claustrophobic, but... holy crap, terror.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 02:30:21 pm »

One of the first dreams I remember as actually having a narrative is also one of the scariest dreams I've ever had. I dreamt that I woke up in the middle of the night, in my room, except that my bed had been surrounded by some sort of plexiglass box and I couldn't leave. I was just... trapped. It's strange, because there wasn't any imminent danger and I'm not claustrophobic, but... holy crap, terror.

Your last name isn't Skinner is it?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 02:38:46 pm »

Your last name isn't Skinner is it?

No, but I am about to go to graduate school in behavioral neuroscience, and I did just finish an experiment involving putting neonatal rats into restraint stress (although that was just for transport)... maybe I was prescient all along!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 04:26:34 pm »

One of the earliest dreams I remember is of bad guys breaking into my bedroom at night and pulling on my toenails.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: The stuff of which dreams are made
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 04:43:20 pm »

One of my earliest, most terrifying dreams I can remember: Vampires in a ball pit.  It is extremely hard to escape vampires when you are sinking and struggling in a room full of plastic balls.  I was so afraid of vampires as a kid that my parents tried to help by purchasing a book meant to alleviate my fears (it dealt with many frightening childhood monsters, including vampires), but the book ended up scaring me so much that I begged my parents to keep it in their room at night.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up