Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.  (Read 4557 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 10:30:43 pm »

Geez! shut up! Liking phrases is not equivalent to being into ponies and unicorns. Come on! She is still in that phase that girls go through when they're like 7! all writing "cute" poetry about wanting to be a hoss!

!

!!


!!! (not the band)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 12:20:39 am »

I think it's okay if both the ponies and the use of 'the bee's knees' are ironic. Then you can be friends again.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 03:46:40 am »

neither is ironic! I really think that that is a great phrase.

Anyway, she lives in Chicago. so.

I read something once about the idea that irony is just an excuse for doing whatever the hell you want to do.

the guy's example:

as a child, I always assumed I would grow up to wear a stylish hat to work. My father wore one, and so I assumed that I would, when the time came.
In fact, hats went out of style. And so I gave up all hope of ever wearing one. ANd then, one day, I realized the beauty of doing things ironically.
now, I wear a classically styled hat everywhere I go. If some punk ever asks me about it, I'll just wink, and say "it's what all the hep young cats are doing, man!"
he will laugh. and I will smile, and know deep inside that I have won.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 04:14:23 am »

I think I see where that is coming from.  After spending way too long in the hot tub with some friends, pondering various things from the past, my hair was a mess, so I gelled it so as to resemble a huge wave, because where better to experiment with my hair than during the late hours of a bbq?  I claimed that it was just to be ridiculous, but to be honest, it was a cool hairdo.
Logged
~

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 04:44:59 am »

OK, Myspace has just justified its existance.
because a cute girl who likes good music just sent me a message, because she's trying to find people who share her interests who will be at Wash U next year.

YES.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 05:02:44 am »

OK, Myspace has just justified its existance. because a cute girl who likes good music just sent me a message, because she's trying to find people who share her interests who will be at Wash U next year.

YES.

And she wants to get on your dick.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 05:18:33 am »

not necessarily.

but, you will be pleased to know, there are two girls who will be at my house on saturday who assuredly do.
both of them are so blatant that it's making me hope that I am entering a phase of my life where pretty girls will follow me around until I let them "hop on cock," as unrealistic as that is.

although, one is really religious. So she would only do it if you know, we were married.

also, I would feel bad about it.
And the girl who I actually like is not one of the two. damn.

"god, what a whore. she'll fuck anyone who marries her."

paul, this is what you get for saying that. sorry about it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 05:35:06 am »

also, I would feel bad about it.
And the girl who I actually like is not one of the two. damn.

You stop talking.  You stop right now.  Your course of action from right now should be envisioning plans to convince them to both hop on your dick at the same time.  It is your duty as a red-blooded American male.  Make us proud.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 06:11:46 am »

I knew that was coming.
hmm.

I think I am past the point in my life (ie: a month ago) when I was thinking maybe I should try to relax my morals about this.

"if I am not into a girl, I will not put myself into her." this is my official policy.

(that said, I am at a point in my life, called adolescence, where I am attracted to almost every girl.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 06:23:16 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 11:01:22 am »

Religious girls are easy. Trust me.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 01:19:13 pm »

"if I am not into a girl, I will not put myself into her." this is my official policy.

You will have those occasional moments down the road where you think "Man, I should have boned Chicks X Y and Z when I had the chance."  But on the whole, I'd say this is a very good policy, and it will save you a fair amount of grief.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 06:24:10 pm »

I read something once about the idea that irony is just an excuse for doing whatever the hell you want to do.

That is exactly it. Exactly.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 07:45:08 pm »

There are so many hipsters who are so happy that they could finally break their Journey shirts out of the back of their closets.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 10:45:50 pm »

You will have those occasional moments down the road where you think "Man, I should have boned Chicks X Y and Z when I had the chance."  But on the whole, I'd say this is a very good policy, and it will save you a fair amount of grief.

This is truth, wisely stated.

Regrets are a dime a dozen. Triumphs require a little sacrifice.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up