Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Poll

How many of them there e-comics do you peruse?

Just Achewood
- 5 (10.9%)
2-4
- 17 (37%)
4-6
- 11 (23.9%)
6-8
- 2 (4.3%)
8+
- 11 (23.9%)
None (I am only here for the social aspect of the messageboard)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Comics  (Read 16870 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 09:07:54 pm »

Achewood,
PBF,
Cat & Girl,
Diesel Sweeties (Though, if I miss a year at a time, I'm not saddened)
Fox Trot (Not a Webcomic, but I only read it encapsulated in HTML)
MegaTokyo (Same thing as Diesel Sweeties, I checked out for about 6 months, and the story hasn't progressed more than a day or so.)
Penny Arcade
PVP (I miss this years at a time)
Red Meat - I'm picturing that many Achewood fans would also enjoy Red Meat
Sin Fest - This is on low rotation as well... yes yes... porn... c*ck...
Slowwave
Sluggy - I'll check out of entire storyarcs. 
Something Positive
Too Much Coffee Man/How To Be Happy
Boy on a Stick and Slither
Rehabilitating Mr. Wiggles
Dinosaur Comics - I've only been reading since they were mentioned here a while back... maybe a month.   I think "The saddest thing"
MNFTIU/Get Your War On
Dr. McNinja

Man, that's a big list.   In my defense I read these all daily, but I have them all pulled to a single URL... So I guess what I'm saying is: I cheat the artists out of ad revenue.

I steal these comics.

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Comics
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 09:17:16 pm »

hm.

I have a really long list of bookmarked comics.

but the ones I check regularly are:

Achewood,
Diesel Sweeties
Sexy Losers
Penny Arcade
Get Your War On
You Damn Kid
Scary Go Round
Questionable Content

so, yes. I used to read these, plus more, almost every day. now there are a lot that have fallen by the wayside.

Edit: because I still do that thing where I think of things I read on the internet as "mine," (ie: no one else knows about this!), I was amazed and shocked when I saw a Megatokyo book at the local borders. and a PVP book at the local comic store (although, i don't like PVP.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Comics
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 09:22:31 pm »

Gah.. Megatokyo.. screw you Megatokyo.. and all that you stand for.

TMCM is excellent of course and Red Meat and I go waaaay back.  (That Dead Clown was the funniest thing ever)
I am also pleased to see that I'm not the only Sick Fuck who is amused by Sexy Losers sometimes.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Comics
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 09:35:02 pm »

the order of the stick:

I will like this comic, because I have spent so much goddamn time playing as a Ranger and getting nothing for it, and that is what the first comic is about.

Speaking of which: I am updating my Neverwinter Nights, and I am playing that fucker all night long.

except, wait! The server I play on didn't update for some ungodly reason, and now I can't connect!

AWESOME!

best part: the decision to not update was made by some n00b who wasn't even playing NWN when I started playing on this server.
but no one would ever believe me if I said that, because I came wayyy back when, then left, then came back, then left, then came back, then left... etc.
right when I got to level 20, they remade the module and wiped all the characters.

anyway... playing as archer-types is either awesome or horrible.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 12:56:36 am »

Achewood
Diesel Sweeties
Overcompensating
Toothpaste for Dinner (mainly out of inertia. I can think of like 10 I actually liked)
Order of the Stick
Dr. McNinja
Killer *****s from Outer Space
Alien Loves Predator
Scribs
Calico Monkey
Perry Bible Fellowship
Spamusement
Dinosaur Comics

And when I get really board at work I poke in on Death to the Extremist.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Comics
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 02:31:10 am »

Comics I read regularly: Achewood, Penny Arcade, Goats, Diesel Sweeties (although I could go without this), Order of the Stick (which is really quite good by gaming standards and is no longer the guilty pleasure it once was), Narbonic
Comics I check when I think of it: A Miracle of Science (love this dearly), A Lesson Is Learned, A Softer World, Overcompensating (don't care about this but keep meaning to get back into Wigu, so), PBF
Terrible comic I keep reading despite the fact that I hate it: Jack (I enjoy getting angry at this strip)
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Comics
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 03:49:20 am »

A read a couple, and a couple only transiently, but Achewood is the only thing where I check the website last thing before I go to sleep or first thing after I wake up.

Dang, I haven't read Red Meat in years, and I used to know the whole archive inside and out.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 04:12:37 am »

I really only read Achewood.  I have read some others, but nothing that appealed to me that much.

I did like on that I cannot remember anymore, it involved like 2 nerd punks who were always trying to be cool and kind of making asses of themselves.  Does anyone know what this is?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Comics
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 04:16:43 am »

I did like on that I cannot remember anymore, it involved like 2 nerd punks who were always trying to be cool and kind of making asses of themselves.  Does anyone know what this is?

This describes like half the webcomics on the Internet.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Comics
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 04:20:28 am »

I did like on that I cannot remember anymore, it involved like 2 nerd punks who were always trying to be cool and kind of making asses of themselves.  Does anyone know what this is?

Perhaps Nothing Nice to Say?  I have enjoyed this from time to time.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Comics
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 04:20:41 am »

maybe "Punks and Nerds"?

or "Nothing Nice to Say"?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Comics
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 05:40:47 am »

I'm still saddened by the demise of Niego, and Cort thanks for bringing up Killer #####s and ALP, can't believe I forgot those!
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 06:53:42 am »

Yea, it was "nothing nice to say", thanks alot, I have been looking for that for a while.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2006, 01:16:22 pm »

I read this daily, and this off and on.  Also, I really miss this one, which was basically my introduction to web comics.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2006, 01:25:30 pm »

I totally forgot Maakies!

Of the two comic based shirts I have, Maakies is the other one.

(The first being a SCIENCE shirt)
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up