Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Poll

How many of them there e-comics do you peruse?

Just Achewood
- 5 (10.9%)
2-4
- 17 (37%)
4-6
- 11 (23.9%)
6-8
- 2 (4.3%)
8+
- 11 (23.9%)
None (I am only here for the social aspect of the messageboard)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Comics  (Read 16874 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
*****s.. IN SPACE!
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2006, 01:55:29 pm »

I kind of enjoyed this and thought I would share.  It's no Achewood and I kind of hate the off-and-on Scott McCloud style side-scrolling but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Plus it has Automatons!  AUTOMATONS!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: #####s.. IN SPACE!
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 03:31:19 pm »

I listed this on my read comics dammit.  We talked about this!  Anyway yeah, very good comic, hasn't updated in a long ass time though.

I like that the "bohemian drive" is identifiable by ***** BO.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: #####s.. IN SPACE!
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2006, 03:35:58 pm »

Why am I just finding out about it then?  That's it... delete this thread for I am redundant!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: Comics
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2006, 02:29:11 am »

I used to read around 40 back in the day before blogs and such took their place.

Now I just check achewood, Questionable Content, and Friendly Hostility / 5ideways (same artist / no spinoff) for the most part.  I think I'll start checking cat and girl which I'm glad I'm not the only one not already reading it.. once I saw that record collection shirt, I had to order it recently, so I figure if I have a shirt, I better at least halfway dedicate myself.. heh.

Now and then I'll check in with Toothpaste for Dinner and explodingdog, but it's been months recently.
For the record?  MegaTokyo was better in book format than online, but I only have vol.1.  I mostly read it since well, I was in my anime phase then.  I still like anime, but not enough to continue with that comic.

Also, I checked Ice now and then since I was dedicated to D101 before it ended, but now that's on hiatus.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Comics
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2006, 02:03:40 pm »

I read Achewood, Penny Arcade, and Concerned regularly, although the latter two haven't actually been good in a while.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2006, 02:15:52 pm »

I should have said that you should all read this one.  Yeah, OK, he didn't really post a comic today.  Just keep hitting 'back' till you get the hang of it.

And this is one I read that I am embarrassed about.  It's lame, and the design of the site makes me want to poke someone in the eye.  But it's there when I run out of other things to read. I have no better excuse.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2006, 03:57:24 pm »

I should have said that you should all read this one.  Yeah, OK, he didn't really post a comic today.  Just keep hitting 'back' till you get the hang of it.

And this is one I read that I am embarrassed about.  It's lame, and the design of the site makes me want to poke someone in the eye.  But it's there when I run out of other things to read. I have no better excuse.

I started reading Partially Clips after Lore linked there. I've never laughed out loud but several of the strips are amusing and the commentaries are nice.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Comics
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2006, 03:59:20 pm »

Oh, man, I love AHPT too. I'm sincerely considering ordering the book, especially for the sheep poster. My favorite by far is the mayfly with SAD ("I just tell people I'm depresed").
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2006, 04:06:13 pm »

I am of course particularly fond of this sloth one.

I just got his octopus tshirt ("Who wants four hugs?") in the mail.  It is so lovely that I decided it needs an outing tonight to a restaurant called Tako Grill, where the waiters wear octopus tshirts that I have always envied, and we will have a cephalopod-themed clothing battle to the death, or maybe just eat sushi, depending how it works out, I guess.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Comics
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2006, 05:18:30 pm »

For some reason I have three octopus shirts now. (this one here], one with Ultros, and another more generic one). I guess it's a theme now.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Comics
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2006, 07:31:37 pm »

Wombat...
this comic is genius.

I do a thing where I save comics that I like.
and so far, I have saved almost every one.

thank you for this.

http://www.animalshaveproblemstoo.com/view.php?id=186

mmm.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:29:53 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Comics
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2006, 05:20:34 am »

I just recently discovered a comic that I deemed worthy of unearthing this thread.  It's Boy on a Stick and Slither.  It's mostly about existentialism, but it seems to offer a buffet of philosophical and and practical topics.  Owl.



Naturally, like Achewood, I seem to have discovered this comic only a few days before a final exam.  No big deal, though, even without it I would still find ways to avoid studying.  In other news, the fourth year of pharmacy school becomes unreasonably difficult.
Logged
ACHIEVE

NobleSavage

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4
  • Vegetables are murder.
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2006, 05:06:36 am »

I read Achewood, of coarse. And a few others:

http://www.comicblasphemy.com (my own, because I'm narcissistic)

http://www.cartridgecomics.com (Fun pop culture comics)

http://www.kreepykat.com (Just plain wrong some times, but great)

http://www.thecarottykid.co.uk (Great)

http://chibi.nekrozin.com/ (Unique)

http://www.gingerdead.com (Up and coming, and brilliant)

http://www.shortpacked.com (Humor for the toy collecting geeks in all of us. Or maybe just me.

I don't read many print comics, save for Get Fuzzy and Pearls Before Swine.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Comics
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2007, 04:47:59 pm »

This thread's a little dead, but...

Besides Achewood, I read QC (it's not hilarious, but it's good art and great character development (I once spent six hours just reading the 700-comics I hadn't in the archives), and Jeph is a really nice guy), and SMBC every day. I also read IndieTits (which I think is fuck*ng hysterical, I love it) and Niego when it updates, and I will read PVP, Dinosaur Comics, Penny Arcade, Day by Day, Get Your War On, Idiot Box, I Drew This, Filibuster Cartoons, Cox & Forkum, though I don't read any of those every day or check for updates periodically like I will with Niego and IndieTits.

In terms of print comics, I'm currently obsessed with a 25-year CD archive of Doonesbury that I got for Christmas. I also re-read my old Calvin and Hobbes books whenever I have access to them, and I read Get Fuzzy every day. I would read every strip in my local paper, but I don't get the paper any more.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Comics
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2007, 05:23:36 pm »

Since this thread is back, I'd add Alien Loves Predator to the list I read, although it seems an awful lot of people really don't like it.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up