Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Poll

How many of them there e-comics do you peruse?

Just Achewood
- 5 (10.9%)
2-4
- 17 (37%)
4-6
- 11 (23.9%)
6-8
- 2 (4.3%)
8+
- 11 (23.9%)
None (I am only here for the social aspect of the messageboard)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45


Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Comics  (Read 16902 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2007, 05:27:59 pm »

I still miss Lore Brand Comics.

The story line up at littledee.net this week is awesome.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2007, 05:37:07 pm »

A Miracle of Science has just completed and the entire run is available.

Group minds, mad science as a memetic disease/disorder, plenty of automatons. A suggested read all in one run.
Logged
We must repeat!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2007, 10:24:28 pm »

I think A Softer World should appeal to an Achewood crowd, but I've been wrong before. The link goes to one of my favourites just in case today's is crap.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2007, 12:37:32 am »

Achewood, Ozy and Millie, and xkcd. That's it.

I refuse to add any more to the routine because what I have seen of others hasn't been terribly impressive (none of them have been particularly bad, mostly just mediocre), and I don't want to ruin the "perfect zone" of the three webcomics I really like.

I've never been much into paper comics, although many of my friends are comic geeks. I am totally obsessed with Wonder Woman, however, and I do keep track of her storyline and her comic to a degree; I've just never bought a comic book in my life. The times I think, "Gee, with as much Wonder Woman geekitude as I possess, I should probably start buying the comic," I end up going to the comics store, thumbing through a couple of issuess, and feeling satisfied that I'm updated on what's going on in her life. I then walk out empty-handed. It gives me a feeling of unease, like I'm afraid all the other card-carrying Wonder Woman geeks out there will kick me out of the club for not buying the comic. But the occasional comic-store thumb-through is sufficient enough for me. S'weird.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2007, 06:02:35 am »

I am kind of surprised at the lack of Dinosaur Comics readership, it seems like a thing people would enjoy. Also, David Malki's Wondermark is consistently hilarious, but I've forgotten if it has been mentioned.

Other than those, I read Achewood and Dr. McNinja. Once every couple of months I will catch myself up on the PBF and A Softer World, but I can't be minded to remember when they update.

I kind of adore Sandman, and I dare say that it is not only nostalgia that causes this. Otherwise, I can not really compel myself to buy print comics as they are expensive and not terribly rereadable, so beyond the occasional flip-through at the bookstore I do not read any.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Comics
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 06:13:49 am »

I would be a Bad Semi-Friend if I didn't mention that I am keeping up with Emma, a web-comic-ish thing by a kind of friend of mine. I really dig his style of illustrating.

Also he is forever a Badass because his application essay to the school of art at WashU was partially in Comic form.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 08:34:10 am »

If we're recommending print comics too, Queen and Country by Greg Rukker is the only one I read regularly and I find it tasty indeed.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Comics
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 05:19:57 pm »

PBF, Dinosaur Comics and Maakies are in the local weekly and I read those, but the only one I regularly read online is Achewood. I will periodically catch up on GYWO.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Comics
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2007, 05:30:09 pm »

I think A Softer World should appeal to an Achewood crowd, but I've been wrong before. The link goes to one of my favourites just in case today's is crap.

Ah, I love A Softer World. It's the sort of thing I'd be sticking on the wall if it weren't for the fact that I actually rather like to be happy most of the time.

I have just been introduced to Astronaut Elementary and am as yet undecided on it, but it has occupied some time I should have spent working which is generally a good sign.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2007, 11:59:41 pm »

I think A Softer World should appeal to an Achewood crowd, but I've been wrong before. The link goes to one of my favourites just in case today's is crap.

Doc, I just check A Softer World out, and it's fantastic.  Thanks!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2007, 11:58:46 pm »

Dinosaur Comics isn't a comic.  Comics include art.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2007, 12:18:16 am »

What is art?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Comics
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2007, 12:38:35 am »

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2007, 02:11:02 am »

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Comics
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2007, 02:35:31 am »

I recently discovered fark.com and the fark.com tv episodes on superdeluxe.com. From there I found Baby Cakes cartoon which is the funniest shit I've seen since achewood.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up