Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: (Politics) Upcoming Presidential Election Thread: As Objective as Possible  (Read 37176 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

that ad was made by some random internet guy-- Obama's campaign has come out saying they don't endorse the message. I cannot find the place where I read this, however.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Ah, plausable deniability in the internet age.

Also, the Bush campaign had NOTHING to do with the Swift Boat Veterans, right?

This is why I love politics but could never be a politician. Too much meta-thinking for my taste.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

There's a copycat video with Obama on the screen now. Too little, too late.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile

I don't like Rush. I don't like that drug addicted Kennedy either, but I don't see any of the people who were so righteously indignant about Rush's addiction to pain pills saying a damn thing about Kennedy.

Heaven forbid we hold an elected official to a higher fuck*ng standard.

Hillary has had one thing as her goal for the past twenty years: power. I've known some of their business associates from Arkansas and scumbag slimeball criminals who think they are above the law doesn't even begin to describe it. I'd still go bowling with Bill, just sayin' the truth here.

Then we have Bush and his drunk kids, and his brother, and HIS drunk kids. See our nation, guys? This is what happens when we constantly elect rich family frat boys from pricey universities, and lawyers.

I'm half from NY and half from TN, which is why Hillary's "I'm a new yawker!" carpetbagging stunt pissed me off so much. Did anyone really think getting elected in NY was anything but a steppingstone for the presidency?

By the time anyone gets involved in politics at a federal level, they are broken. Fuck the two party system, fuck the baby boomers, fuck all of these guys.

Our society is now three meals away from rampant disorder. When the world breaks down, you guys are welcome in my survivalist compound.


...wolverines!
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

I don't like Rush. I don't like that drug addicted Kennedy either, but I don't see any of the people who were so righteously indignant about Rush's addiction to pain pills saying a damn thing about Kennedy.

I think people were mainly pissed about this because Rush spent a lot of time basically advocating capital punishment for holding a gram of weed, and then the worm turns and all his buddies are like "he needs treatment! It's a disease!"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile

I think people were mainly pissed about this because Rush spent a lot of time basically advocating capital punishment for holding a gram of weed, and then the worm turns and all his buddies are like "he needs treatment! It's a disease!"

That's because it seems like everyone cares more about defending their buddies than about what is right.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Yeah.

It ain't the misdeed, it's the hypocrisy.

I could see getting addicted to pain pills, from the times I've been on them after minor surgeries and injuries and so on. They make you feel completely rad.

But when you're a dude who spends half your eight-digit-salaried radio show dissing on dudes for trying weed a coupla times in college or pretending that all African-Americans smoke crack cocaine or whatever... and then you're so wacked out on painkillers that they've fucked up your inner ear and you're going deaf from it?

Fouc*ult you, Rush Limbaugh.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile

I'm not a Rush fan, but, devil's advocate mode here, isn't it possible that a drug addict who drives his car around and also happens to be someone who is partially in charge of our country is more of a serious problem than a fat radio show host?

The war on some drugs is a crock, also, but it won't go away because it keeps people in jobs. Prohibition was repealed and we got the ATF to keep revenue agents in jobs. I can only assume that if weed was legalized, we'd get another petty fiefdom devoted to restricting automobiles. California would pass an Assault Vehicle Ban, because of criminals killing our kids in high powered racecars. Honda Civics would be limited to no more than two of the following: Giant Wing that enables car to fly, Underbody levitation lights, wide diameter jet-flow exhaust, high capacity fuel tank.

Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

see, I hated being on pain pills so much. They made me feel stupid and fuzzy, and not in a good way.

Although it was quite an experience when I realized that I might have thrown them out, and I NEEDED them, and I was digging through the trash looking for them. praying that they were there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

I'm not a Rush fan, but, devil's advocate mode here, isn't it possible that a drug addict who drives his car around and also happens to be someone who is partially in charge of our country is more of a serious problem than a fat radio show host?
It ain't the misdeed, it's the hypocrisy.

Rush hammered the users, until he was shown to be a user. Now, I'm no Ted Kennedy biographer, but I suspect he;s never come out railing against folks who have drinking or drug problems. I could be wrong, in which case I'd love to see citations.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile

PATRICK Kennedy.

Not the Hero of Chappaquiddick.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Has Patrick Kennedy been running around telling people that if they have a joint on them, they should go in prison and be anally-raped for twenty years? If this is the case, I have missed it.

It is not about protecting "ours" or "theirs"... it is about hypocrisy.

Also: I have a very sneaking suspicion that Chappaquiddick was not quite the thing we have been told. When both of a dude's brothers were assassinated under shround of secrecy, it is not crazy to believe that perhaps with Ted, they figured out a way to kill his asperations to national leadership without actually pulling off the Assassination Hat-trick.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

PATRICK Kennedy.

Not the Hero of Chappaquiddick.

Oh sure, Patrick Kennedy. Yeah, that fucker is always dogging out drug addicts and drunks, even though he admits to being a junkie who has attempted treatment numerous times. My bad, I was way off base and being a dick.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile


Also: I have a very sneaking suspicion that Chappaquiddick was not quite the thing we have been told. When both of a dude's brothers were assassinated under shround of secrecy, it is not crazy to believe that perhaps with Ted, they figured out a way to kill his asperations to national leadership without actually pulling off the Assassination Hat-trick.


That dirty, vile Mary Jo. She was a conspirator, you know. All sacrificing her life to a painful underwater suffocation just to sabotage Teddy. With her psychic powers, she got him to delay going for help until it was too late.

Stock in Reynold's Wrap is up.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile

Oh sure, Patrick Kennedy. Yeah, that fucker is always dogging out drug addicts and drunks, even though he admits to being a junkie who has attempted treatment numerous times. My bad, I was way off base and being a dick.
Sometimes I wonder if he voted in favor of going into Iraq while high.

That pisses me off all kinds of ways.

Isn't it neat how celebrities can just check into rehab for a few weeks and be forgiven, while us normal guys can struggle with substance abuse for entire lifetimes? Yay, free passes for the more equal animals.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up