Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 19 May 2006 - Here, I made some aluminum foil undies to protect your ding-a-ling  (Read 8724 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Logged

Mr. Chord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • Cheshire smirk
    • View Profile
19 May 2006 - I mean you wouldn't expect these to feel this good
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 06:15:56 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05192006

My God, Molly comes into her own. This may make her smarter than Ray with his ball-sack technology.
Logged
---

I had to get out of there. I took the stairs.

Mr. Chord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • Cheshire smirk
    • View Profile

Whoops! Beat me to it. But yes, I agree, I was laughing out loud at this one. It felt like a classic strip, not to disparage the current direction. I'm slowly starting to enjoy Molly, I hope to see her back-story explored as Onstad hinted.
Logged
---

I had to get out of there. I took the stairs.

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile

It isn't often that Beef is at a loss for words.  the "Jesus Molly I---" seemed like it was a seminal moment for him in this relationship.  big things for Beef coming, I think.
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential

Oh my.  Oh my.  This is just, just.  Yeah I like this.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

Great strip, but you can't use speaker phone all the time.  He should get one of those earphone things.

Edit:  and for the second day in a row, the person who made the second thread had a better title.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile

"Hey mom, the phones for you"
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

Edit:  and for the second day in a row, the person who made the second thread had a better title.

We late thread starters pride quality over getting it up as fast as possible. Interpret that as you will.

Molly is such a nice girl at times. What she did right then is basically perfect for Beef. That is exactly what he would want. Therefore, today's strip was pretty awesome.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile

Molly is great!
And quite the craftsperson to.
Logged

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile

I've been lurking for awhile, but...

first post!   /wave

Anyway my first impression here was that Molly made this kind of over the top contraption just to underscore how ridiculous Beef is being about the whole cell phone issue. I feel like that's the kind of acid wit she uses. So I thought it was funny how Beef, of course, just took it completely seriously and loved it. But Molly's smile the last few panels makes me think that maybe she was honestly well-intentioned and trying to be genuinely helpful all along.
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

My first thought was "Great, now everyone at TOUAMB will be blathering on about how grand Molly is.. fuck that bitch."

I don't know if it's healthy to be viewing a webcomic about cats through the distorted lens of all you imaginary people but there you have it.

Today's didn't exactly make me chuckle but it didn't make me gouge my eyes out either I guess.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile

These last two have been very comic-strip
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

And there isn't a dang thing wrong with that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

The line about "dippin' fries" is definitely something that you'd only think of from being buddies with Ray. Actually, I can see Ray commissioning some more pairs of foil undies for a Peter Cancer Awareness Party, all with some healthy foods that are supposed to fight cancer (according to the magazines in Dr. Andretti's waiting room) and girls in nurse uniforms handing out pamphlets about cell-phone radiation.

And I love it whenever Beef does his Exactly, although offhand I think today's strip and this strip are the only occurrences.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile

Anyway my first impression here was that Molly made this kind of over the top contraption just to underscore how ridiculous Beef is being about the whole cell phone issue. I feel like that's the kind of acid wit she uses. So I thought it was funny how Beef, of course, just took it completely seriously and loved it. But Molly's smile the last few panels makes me think that maybe she was honestly well-intentioned and trying to be genuinely helpful all along.

You're right, I'm still on the fence as far as what Molly meant to say. Still, it's a nice gesture, and we're going to see at least one more strip that involves beef walking around town getting dirty looks from people who think he's perpetually excited
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up