Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 19 May 2006 - Here, I made some aluminum foil undies to protect your ding-a-ling  (Read 8748 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Q is a guy.  He does not want to read about the cats having feelings about relationships.

You kidding me?  I believe some unknown newb called me a girly girl once.. I am the king of feelings and relationships.  I just hate Molly is all.  I am sorry about this.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile

Hating Molly is an A-OK feeling.
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE

Quote
Still, I see one design flaw in her project: there should be an opening at the bottom of the phone compartment for those equipped with a ChatSack®.

Beat me to it. Clearly, another four-week arc is required to correct this oversight.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

um being at the end of the suspension apparatus, there is more foil in between the phone and the peter than there would be anywhere else. Not that foil actually protects one from radiation.

Oh, MIT humour.  Priceless.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

Ok, it took me some gin martinis to realize the point of this strip:  Molly plans to use the undies as a strap-on.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Q is completely right, Molly is and always will be a stone cold bitch. She is nice in this strip and maybe this explains why she and Beef are still together, because they are horribly disfunctional but understand each other's disfunction.
Wait for her to use this to guilt Beef into doing something he doesn't want to.

Also phone hanging out front + chatsack = walking around with tiny balls hanging out in front of your #####.
What the hell Onstad?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

There's a local band called Hating Molly.  I wonder if they're named after the Achewood character!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I'll bet they totally are.

for real, my band must be named in reference to achewood. that is my goal.

also: I am already plotting about how to find people who like Achewood at College. Is that lame? probably.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

Q is completely right, Molly is and always will be a stone cold bitch. She is nice in this strip and maybe this explains why she and Beef are still together, because they are horribly disfunctional but understand each other's disfunction.
Wait for her to use this to guilt Beef into doing something he doesn't want to.

I never quite got what's with all this Molly-hating; I just see her as more mature in regards to the complexity of ordinary life (just watched "American Splendor", by the way, and am thinking that Harvey Pekar's wife is another example of this 'saving woman' pattern, just like Nastenka and the dreamer and Sofya and Raskolnikov in Dostoievski's books, or Olga and Oblomov in Goncharov's), which means she can be a pain occasionally, but I think Beef is smart enough to recognize that she probably saved him from himself, with all his "never been too much to look at no sir"; if it involves her trying to reform him, well, the dude buries t-shirts in the yard, he could use some reforming. I mean, I didn't see any sign of her being a compulsive neurotic reformer or anything, it's just that she's... what's the word, "adult"?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile

As a fellow chick who is mostly normal but also gets really catty sometimes, I love Molly. I feel like she might understand that, even though I don't watch tv, and am otherwise pretty disconnected from pop culture, I read US Weekly in the checkout lane and check Go Fug Yourself as though they were life-giving manna from heaven.

I agree with you, dejavroom, that this is a very Dostoevsky-esque woman in a lot of ways, but then he can't write for female characters either. I have been the "saving woman" for the neurotic guy before, and let me tell ya, it sucks. If this were real-life, she'd dump his crazy butt after a couple of years of dealing with his inability to even pick out a damn bottle of olive oil at the store (true story!). There's really nothing a girl gets out of such an arrangement other than a near-constant feeling of smug superiority, and that can only sustain you so long.

But maybe I'm projecting. Message boards: therapy for broke nerds!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

I have trouble picking out a product when there are many choices and no information on which is the superior choice.  Toothpaste and dishwashing soap are particularly difficult in this regard.  When I've done this in the pressense of a lady friend it has resulted in sarcastic ridicule (then and later).  I need a woman who understands her man like Molly does.

~Paul 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

yeah seriously.

Also: dishwashing detergent and dishwashing liquid are not the same thing. WHY? WHY ARE THEY NOT THE SAME THING?

one will make your dishes clean. one will make your dishwasher fill up with bubbles and you'll have to get bowls to "bail out" your dishwasher. you will be ridiculed for years about this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile

Ok - normal confusion is one thing. At the store, my dude picks out a loaf of bread while I quickly get everything we need from the produce section. It might be one of those evolutionary biology things, I don't know. Maybe the girls had to constantly scan the environment for nuts and berries while the guys just hunkered down until they saw a mammoth and then fixated on it or something. Bad example. But still, taking care of overly neurotic men who have little to give in return is not noble, it's co-dependant. If my anecdote distracted from that point, I am sorry.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

I think part of the problem stems from the whole "I love you!  Now change for me!"  Sort of dealio you see that sets in with some relationships.

Not that it's not normal to change over time mind you, she just gives off that... vibe. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest

Speaking as someone who is in this sort of relationship, Q, it's less "I love you! Now change for me!" than it is "I love you, but your neuroses are crippling you and the relationship, and I'm not going to let you just wallow in them anymore." If being a good girlfriend means allowing a profoundly depressed dude to self-flagellate all the time about tiny things, well, then I'm a pretty bad girlfriend.

Seriously, should I just go open up a "Molly-Strip-Triggered Relationship Therapy For Broke Nerds" thread?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up