Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A Wonderful Tale  (Read 3570 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
A Wonderful Tale
« on: May 19, 2006, 12:31:15 pm »

I just received my copy of Nice Pete's book.  It's nicely wrapped in plastic.  Do you think he would be angry if I just, um, left it that way?  Or do I have to actually read it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 12:48:02 pm »

You'd better open it, read it and enjoy every single word of it.

If you don't, Nice Pete will know.  He'll know and he'll be...irked.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 03:05:28 pm »

It's nicely wrapped in plastic.

Just like Laura Palmer.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 07:39:26 pm »

I survived the reading of Nice Pete's book and calmed down enough to remember that I had ordered vol 6 personalized and I should look at what he did for it.   I decided it was worth sharing, even though I couldn't get a really great photo of it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 07:55:48 pm »

man..
I almost asked a while ago if anyone ever saved theirs. I got my old girlfriend the first book for christmas last year, and it was Roast Beef dressed as a chef, saying "I am hell of a commodious toque". or maybe "such as a commodious toque?" I wish I had taken a picture.
I did, however, keep the stylish envelope which it came in.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 08:48:26 pm »

I did, however, keep the stylish envelope which it came in.

Shameful Confession: I peeled off and kept the little sticker on the plastic bag in which my HUUUGS shirt was wrapped.  It has information about Garment Care, but I thought it was nifty because there is a little image of Ray on it.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 08:50:13 pm »

Heh, the packing slip for my What we need more of.. shirt had a rather chipper little image on it, so I kept it as well.  It doesn't beat the hastily hand-drawn evil cat that I got randomly on a packing slip when I ordered some Big D and the kids table stuff, but it is close.
Logged
~

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 08:52:15 pm »

Shameful Confession: I peeled off and kept the little sticker on the plastic bag in which my HUUUGS shirt was wrapped.  It has information about Garment Care, but I thought it was nifty because there is a little image of Ray on it.

This must be new since I last ordered a garment.

My Vol 1. personalization is my favorite. It says "To Kyle, Who does not lose his shit even in the presense of danger." The picture is of Philippe on a tiny chunk of ice with a shark fin nearby. He's looking all superior and saying "If that is a shark then it is very poorly drawn."
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:59:52 pm »

that is fantastic.

cort, you win.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 02:02:33 pm »

Cort: Scan?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 02:11:46 pm »

Wait, wombat, did he sign it "with love?"  I thought he was supposed to hate the fuck out of all of us, but apparently if you toss him the cheddar he is all about the love.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 03:07:24 pm »

He did not sign it ''with love", but since I asked to have it dedicated to my dog, we probably can't read anything into it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 04:34:56 pm »

Quote
He did not sign it ''with love", but since I asked to have it dedicated to my dong, we probably can't read anything into it.

that is what I saw. And I was hell of confused at you, wombat.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 01:16:05 pm »

Cort: Scan?


I was about to say I don't own a scanner (and our copier/scanner/printer/document servers at work have a password on the all but the copying) but I was just informed that we're getting a slightly used all-in-one from the in-laws this very weekend.
Logged

TheAchewoodChap

  • Guest
Re: A Wonderful Tale
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 05:22:17 am »

i have to admit i don't read but i have my assurances that this book is vile, degrading filth of the highest Metroid
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up