Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cabin Fever  (Read 4776 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Cabin Fever
« on: September 11, 2003, 10:18:35 pm »

Quote from: "Onstad"
See Eli (with star Rider Strong) sporting an ultra-hip Achewood ringer at the SF premiere!


The hell?

Also, how bad a sign is the Paypal link?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Cabin Fever
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 10:22:28 pm »

I guess someone associated with that shitty new movie is an Achewood fan.

Nice ad for them.  I hope they paid him for it.

And yeah, that Donation link is a sign of desperation for sure.

I guess dock work doesn't pay as well as it used to.  The whore.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
move
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 01:16:32 am »

Chris did say the movie’s writer is an Achewood patron. In the picture the fellow had on the Téodor Clash t-shirt. I wonder what the circumstances are? Did the fellow order the shirt himself? Did someone give it to him? Is this hunk a personal friend of Chris?

I read the Onion review of Cabin Fever, which didn’t sound worth seeing.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
About the movie
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 02:31:51 am »

Was the old Achewood forum embarassing Onstad when celebrities visited his site? Is that why he squelched it?

Prithee ‘nay.’

Those same celebrities might have found the Achewood forum anyway and are here posting!
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Cabin Fever
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 03:47:19 am »

All right, I admit it.  I'm busted.

I'm really a stealth celebrity.  Sooner or later I knew you'd all find out.

I'm really Dawn Wells, TV's Mary Ann from the hit CBS program, Gilligan's Island.  

I truly hope this doesn't change anything between us.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Cabin Fever
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 03:51:04 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
All right, I admit it.  I'm busted.

I'm really a stealth celebrity.  Sooner or later I knew you'd all find out.

I'm really Dawn Wells, TV's Mary Ann from the hit CBS program, Gilligan's Island.  

I truly hope this doesn't change anything between us.


Show us your boobs!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Cabin Fever
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 04:00:02 am »

You wish.

Have a piece of Coconut Cream Pie instead.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Cabin Fever
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 06:18:46 am »

I was under the impression that there'd always been a Paypal donation option on the site, but maybe I merely hallucinated it.

That said... whatever the merits of Cabin Fever, that banner ad is fugly as sin and messes up the otherwise-pristine page layout that has always been such a trait of the Achewood page. Depressing, really.
Logged

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Cabin Fever
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 09:42:46 am »

http://web.archive.org/web/20020601230126/http://www.achewood.com/index.html

kraka-CHOW.  The paypal button has been there, I thought right.  It was for a different purpose, though.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Cabin Fever
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 03:04:03 pm »

I miss the old layout with the little shadowy boxes.  It made the whole site look like a comic.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
have you seen it? tell me, have you seen it?
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2003, 01:33:09 am »

Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Cabin Fever
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2003, 04:52:57 am »

That image is probably better than the film.

It's being pretty much universally panned.

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Cabin Fever
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2003, 05:30:04 am »

Eli's claim to fame is that he's a David Lynch protege.

But when Lynch actually saw the movie Cabin Fever, he requested that his name be removed from the list of Executive Producers. Lynch claims that there's no hard feelings, the movie just wasn't his "cup of tea".
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Cabin Fever
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2003, 08:39:35 pm »

Quote from: "FeeReep"
But when Lynch actually saw the movie Cabin Fever, he requested that his name be removed from the list of Executive Producers. Lynch claims that there's no hard feelings, the movie just wasn't his "cup of tea".

Coming from the dude who made Lost Highway, that's a bold fuckin' statement.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Cabin Fever
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2003, 08:54:15 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"

Coming from the dude who made Lost Highway, that's a bold fuckin' statement.


I love how people either like or despise Lost Highway!
I don't like the look of Cabin Fever however.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up