Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Pierced Glasses  (Read 15032 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2006, 04:38:55 pm »

#*#*#_god:  it is okay to think less of a person for their having a bad tattoo.  They decided they wanted something permanently on their body and either: a) put no thought into this choice or b) actually put a lot of thought into the choice and still made a bad decision.

True story:  back in the day, I had a huge crush on a guy at university, for over a year, and with such intensity that I was unable to speak to me.  Finally we found ourselves at a summer festival in a beer tent, at the same table, when all our friends took off and we were left alone, and he was being oh-so-flirty.  Then I looked down, saw that he was wearing shorts and then saw that he had band tattoos aground both ankle-to-calf areas.  These tattoos were waves, with dolphins frolicking among rainbows.  DOLFINS!  RAINBOWS!  WAVES!  FROLICING!  It was the instant end to my crush on this guy.  I went from being unable to talk to him due to intense feelings to being unable to talk to him because I was so shocked and embarrassed by his horrible tattoos.

In regard to piercing, as I was sitting waiting for my buddy to come out of the room where he was getting pierced yet again, I was next to this girl with the web of skin between her thumb and index finger pierced and just horribly infected.  She was bragging to me about the infection as if being infected was cool, and also said with pride that the piercer had told her it would get infected.  She had a confusing attitude about the whole thing, and was infact there to get the other hand pierced in the same way.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2006, 05:09:53 pm »

In regard to piercing, as I was sitting waiting for my buddy to come out of the room where he was getting pierced yet again, I was next to this girl with the web of skin between her thumb and index finger pierced and just horribly infected.  She was bragging to me about the infection as if being infected was cool, and also said with pride that the piercer had told her it would get infected.  She had a confusing attitude about the whole thing, and was infact there to get the other hand pierced in the same way.

I hope whoever runs the place told her to get her infected ass the hell out of his/her shop.  That is hella nasty.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2006, 05:19:24 pm »

I have mixed feelings about pierced glasses.  I think I love the idea because it solves the basic worst problem I have with wearing glasses, the fact that they won't stay in place.  However I would have to wait until this idea was accepted as utilitarian rather than cool because I consider piercings to be an extremely silly idea.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2006, 05:25:46 pm »

I sort of wonder if they're jiggly - in my case anyway the legs help to stabilize the glasses, which is necessary to keep me from feeling pukey-come-vertigo. 

Also I have held rare-earth magnets so strong you can magnetize them with one in your palm and another on top of you hand, but the pressure is so uncomfortable, so I really wonder how these glasses could possibly be pleasent to wear.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2006, 05:43:28 pm »

Also I have held rare-earth magnets so strong you can magnetize them with one in your palm and another on top of you hand, but the pressure is so uncomfortable, so I really wonder how these glasses could possibly be pleasent to wear.

The way I undersand it the pressure is from the magnet to the stud.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2006, 05:44:29 pm »

The pressure is uncomfortable because the magnets are sticking to each other through your flesh, causing pain.

In this case, you pierce the bridge of your nose, put in a post, and then the magnets stick to the hard post, not your flesh.  You shouldn't feel any pressure.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2006, 05:49:58 pm »

In regard to piercing, as I was sitting waiting for my buddy to come out of the room where he was getting pierced yet again, I was next to this girl with the web of skin between her thumb and index finger pierced and just horribly infected.  She was bragging to me about the infection as if being infected was cool, and also said with pride that the piercer had told her it would get infected.  She had a confusing attitude about the whole thing, and was infact there to get the other hand pierced in the same way.

That makes me cringe for multiple reasons.

All I can do to restore peace in this world is to hope this woman suffered a systemic infection.
Logged
ACHIEVE

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2006, 05:51:55 pm »

The pressure is uncomfortable because the magnets are sticking to each other through your flesh, causing pain.

In this case, you pierce the bridge of your nose, put in a post, and then the magnets stick to the hard post, not your flesh.  You shouldn't feel any pressure.

That's exactly what I said, way to post whore Jough.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2006, 05:53:37 pm »

She was bragging to me about the infection as if being infected was cool.

The Saddest Thing.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2006, 06:51:45 pm »

That's exactly what I said, way to post whore Jough.

Yeah yeah.  We both posted at the same time, you fuck.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2006, 06:56:30 pm »

I have mixed feelings about pierced glasses.  I think I love the idea because it solves the basic worst problem I have with wearing glasses, the fact that they won't stay in place.  However I would have to wait until this idea was accepted as utilitarian rather than cool because I consider piercings to be an extremely silly idea.

~Paul

You can get some croakies or another sort of stretchy band and attach to your glasses around the back of your head, theryby keeping your glasses in place. Or you can get contact lenses, which I use, and they almost never get out of place.

Glasses-not-staying-in-place has been approached at least 100 ways. Should be pretty approachable for you.

Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2006, 07:09:00 pm »

LAZERS are to be aimed at SPACESHIPS not eyes.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2006, 08:11:39 pm »

You can get some croakies or another sort of stretchy band and attach to your glasses around the back of your head, theryby keeping your glasses in place. Or you can get contact lenses, which I use, and they almost never get out of place.

Glasses-not-staying-in-place has been approached at least 100 ways. Should be pretty approachable for you.

I used the croakies for a long time, but I never really liked it.  It works to keep the glasses more or less in place, but it's adding to the shit on my head not reducing it.  Nevermind that it makes you look like a spazz.  Also it doesn't work as well when you want to wear a hat or if you have your hair in a ponytail.  I tried contacts once and it was a terrible experience, unbearable.  Also, the last doctor I visited last said I couldn't wear them because I have astigmatism.  Have you any other suggestions?

As for lasers, Dr. Hibbard said they actually make your eyes worse so I remain skeptical.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2006, 10:12:35 pm »

my mom had laser surgery, and is so happy with it.

I have astigmatism, and I wear glasses. You can get special contacts for it.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it is...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Pierced Glasses
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2006, 10:27:32 pm »

My brother was practically blind from the astigmatism and wore contacts for years before the alien lazer overlords granted him perfect vision. He said the rectal probing was mostly worth it.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up