Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday TheInevitable  (Read 6039 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 03:34:04 am »

Happy Birthday tI.  Your a man now so no more sucking your mamas tit.  Playtime is over so get out in the world and make something of yourself.  Seriously, Happy Birthday, i'm happy you joined this board.  You are a choice dude.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 07:51:42 am »

That's right, for his 21st Ash got attack by two drunk chicks wielding a bottle of johnny walker...

Seriously Inev, congrats on the not dying yet thing and you should totally spend several thousands dollars to come down here so you can walk up to a bar and I'll order you a schooner of four x. Then after I've laughed at you for drinking swill I'll buy you a real drink and you will have entered the world of men.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 08:25:45 am »

 So far my birthday has consisted of playing Halo 2 with my best friend. I have not spent much time with him lately, and now we are hanging out again. I don't know what I'll spend the actual "day" of my birthday doing... hm. the movie Munich is so good-- good for so many reasons.

do you want to know the saddest thing?

I didn't realize it was technically my birthday until I saw this thread.

anyway, thanks for all saying nice things. I really appreciate them.


Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 12:55:11 pm »

Happy Birthday, dude. 

You know, I actually have no recollection of my 18th birthday.

For my 18th birthday I was visiting a friend who had moved to London where the drinking age is 18. I remember trying to convince a bartender at a pub that Americans write the date backwards but she didn't believe me until another bartender confirmed it. Then she served me a free rum and Pepsi with way too much dark rum.

After that I started carrying my passport around to prevent future arguments.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 05:52:38 pm »

Alice Cooper wished me a pretty good Happy Birthday through blasting "I'm 18" through my speakers just now.


I had a dream that we all met up. And two of you almost died. We were all sitting around this wierd waterfall thing, and we dared these two people (one was Paul!) to jump off. And we watched as the two landed directly on their backs/necks.
We all immediately went to check the board, to post a "OMG paul died!" topic.

When the doctors came out to us, they said something lilke "paul said he thinks some of you guys are doctor-types, so I'm going to tell you all the details. *doctor gibberish*"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 06:17:51 pm »


We all immediately went to check the board, to post a "OMG paul died!" topic.


Thank you, this made my day. (Not because of thinking that Paul might have died of course (especially without having a camera on the way down).)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 06:20:07 pm »

I know. I woke up, and thought "that is so fantastic." I almost wrote it down so that I wouldn't forget it.

I'd like to say that even though I, too, went to the board to post, I realized how disgusting this action was.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 06:35:11 pm »

I had a dream that we all met up.

Oh boy how did it look like? Like a bunch of kitties and ducklings and sloths and walkie-talkie-wielding worms and virus-eating eyeballs and Hawaiian bulldogs etc. all gathered together? Cause that's probably how you people would look like if I had dreams about you (you never know)...
Oh, and Iggy Pop would be there too.

Anyway, even if your birthday party isn't fun like that, here's a Happy Birthday for you. Keep listening to good stuff.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 03:13:06 am »

Paul would totally get a shot of himself smiling and giving the thumbs up halfway down.
And the tiny camera-imp that follows him around would get a shot of the body.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 03:59:57 pm »

Funnily enough I was hiking on Sunday and came across a really nice waterfall.  I walked up a steep incline to get to the topside and nearly lost my footing and fell down a cliff.  Pictures to follow (this evening).

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 04:28:56 pm »

oh paul, no!

actually, i was simplifying the dream. i now realize that the thing I took out was what made it even more brilliant.

the cliffs were kind of... stepped? so you both looked us in the eyes, waved, and jumped backwards off the cliff, directly onto the corner/edge of the second step. headfirst.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 03:54:59 am »

um, so, my birthday present is that I get a new computer. (the one I'm on right now has served me semi-well since about... the year 2000.)
My options are basically: HP Pavilion DV5000T, or a Dell 1505. I can get essentially the same options on each (15.5 inch screen, 1.8 ghz, 128 mb video card, 1 gig of ram, and 80 gig hd) for roughly the same amount of money.

Does anyone know which one is best? I suppose since they'll both have the same stats, basically, it shouldn't matter...

also: do these stats make sense? these numbers don't really mean anything to me.
except:
I won't have to worry about HD space for a long time. yayyyy! I will have something like 160 gigs total.
I will have 4 times as much RAM (formerly 256)
it will be more than twice as fast (formerly 866 mhz)

I also got Call of Duty 2 (for xbox 360) which is pretty awesome. Except, we can't get the sound to work because our TV/"Home Media System"/whatever is way too f*ing complicated.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 03:57:23 am »

The question is, which 1.8 GHz processor, which 128 MB video card, what rating RAM, and what make/model/RPM/bitrate hdd.  I will probably look this up because I am a nerd and get back to you.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 04:05:25 am »

ugh I don't know, these were all things we chose to pay extra for as options. And I can't check, because we were ordering it through my dad's office (they get a discount)... I can look it up tommorow. But I need his password to access the site.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 04:10:05 am »

ugh I don't know, these were all things we chose to pay extra for as options. And I can't check, because we were ordering it through my dad's office (they get a discount)... I can look it up tommorow. But I need his password to access the site.

Just your luck, I did a little research, my analysis is not very helpful however I am afraid.

In a display of google prowess i have discovered:

HP
1.8 GHz Core Duo, Model Txxxxxsomething, don't know since all the product page said was core duo.  I am on a 1.8 GHz Core Duo right now on my mac, very nice, respectable proccessor.  Dual core is an advantage if you are going to be editing videos/encoding this or that/ etc.  I assume you are looking at the Nvidia GeForce 7400 option, which is respectable, a good laptop GPU.  They are lying when they say "graphics card", however.  It's integrated, but it does have dedicated VRAM which lightens this disadvantage somewhat.  The GeForce 7400 is a respectable GPU and you could run recent games on decent settings.  The lightscribe drive?  What a waste of money, don't bother.  I assume you realize this.

Dell
The processor is also a Core Duo, which is cool.  This one looks more appealing due to the optional TV tuner card, couldn't find make/model for it however, but a tv tuner is a cool thing to have if you can afford it.  They say "optional dual channel memory".  I would hope in this day and age that "dual channel memory" is a given.  XP Media Center Edition is a nice plus, but it doesn't have a whole lot of use if you don't go for the tuner card. 

Both of these are pretty respectable machines.  If you go with the tuner card and MCE then I would reccomend the Dell, otherwise choose the one with the lower cost.  I couldn't find info on the Dell's GPU, so if you're looking to game, the HP is probably the better option.  Given the option, go with the Core Duo models on either of these.  I haven't been keeping up with how these Core Duo's stack up against comparable AMD's like the Turion X2's, so I can't say offhand whether going AMD would be a better choice.  The price point is probably better, so it may be worth it to look into an AMD system.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up