Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Poll

My favourite ice cream flavour is more

fruity
- 5 (25%)
rich in chocolate, coffee, caramel or nuts
- 7 (35%)
caramel or nut type only
- 2 (10%)
some combination, or other
- 2 (10%)
I'm lactose intolerant/ vegan, you jerk
- 2 (10%)
okay fine, chocolate and nothing but chocolate
- 2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 19


Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch  (Read 7129 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2006, 05:55:09 pm »

and, if one of us tried your cinnamint, we would say it was the best.
but you would know that it wasn't as good
but you would never be able to convince us.

socrates cinnamon/mint swirl
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2006, 06:45:39 pm »

I did get an ice cream maker some time ago. While it's pretty cool to be able to go all crazy making whatever flavour you like, the result is not quite as good as when the professionals do it. I have one of those simple bucket full of antifreeze and hand crank ones, so it's possible that one can do a lot better with a fancier one. The main problem seems to be that when I have to transfer it to some other container, the ice cream freezes pretty solidly, so I am probably not managing to get enough air in it. It seems to be better for sorbets and ice creams with a little bit of booze in them (mint chocolate chip made with creme de menthe, rum screech and raisin). Gin and tonic sorbet (with a bit of lime) is actually pretty nice. Prune sorbet is better than you might expect!

I must like ice cream, because I am nodding in agreement with basically everything that's been mentioned here. Pretzels with ice cream, peanut butter chocolate, both of those together. Cinnamon ice cream is great but shamefully underrepresented. Tofutti cuties are good too even if occasionally lethal.

It just hit me now that it might work out better if I whipped the cream separately, then folded it into the chilled custard mixture just before freezing. Damn it, now I might have to make some more.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:39:02 pm by swinehund »
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2006, 06:48:13 pm »

It seems to be better for sorbets and ice creams with a little bit of booze in them

A way in which I could potentially enjoy ice cream a whole lot more is slowly coming into view here.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 07:43:25 pm »

I can't handle this "ultra-chunky nut'n'fudge'n'monkey ripple marshmallow dip" stuff.

I agree.  Like, I like Ben&Jerry's Phish Food but only if I pick out the chocolate giraffe.  This might be because I am the kind of person who never outgrew the toddler feeling that I DON'T WANT MY FOOD TO TOUCH.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 07:44:06 pm »

I'm the vanilla-with-bits-of-chocolatey-peanutbuttery-cookiedoughy crap in it. Edy's makes a great light ice cream. You really can't even tell it's not bad for you.

Did anybody else grow up calling mint chocolate chip ice cream "peppermint bon bon"? Urban Dictionary backs me up, but nobody I've talked to, not even fellow Minnesotans, know what the hell I'm talking about.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2006, 10:53:47 pm »

Thirdly, a crazy-sounding recommendation that is nonetheless wonderful: chocolate and peanut butter ice cream with Nerds (the candy, not the people; though they're delightful, too).  I know it sounds gross, but it is excellent.  The tanginess of the candy works very well with the sweetness of the ice cream.  I'm not sure what the peanut butter adds to the combination itself, but I just love chocolate and peanut butter ice cream.

Finally, Q, you're insane.  Cake can suck it; ice cream wins forever.

I once tried a Nerds Blizzard at DQ. Oh my god it was horrible. You know when Homer eats the experimental sour ball at the candy expo and his entire face caves in due to the pucker? My head tried to do that when I ate this concoction. It was painfully sweet that my 7 year-old mouth could not handle it.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up