Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Poll

My favourite ice cream flavour is more

fruity
- 5 (25%)
rich in chocolate, coffee, caramel or nuts
- 7 (35%)
caramel or nut type only
- 2 (10%)
some combination, or other
- 2 (10%)
I'm lactose intolerant/ vegan, you jerk
- 2 (10%)
okay fine, chocolate and nothing but chocolate
- 2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 19


Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch  (Read 7128 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« on: May 24, 2006, 12:07:35 am »

This house has been in stern disagreement over whether Creamsicles or Fudgesicles are supreme, which is just one manifestation of a larger issue (the fruity/ chocolate divide). Thankfully there are ice cream flavours like Cherry Garcia, which help bring some peace. There have also been abominations such as the Jet Bar (orange sherbet covered with chocolate), which has mercifully passed on. Okay actually I kind of enjoyed these, but that's not the point.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 12:44:42 am »

I refuse to vote in such a poll unless chocolate is given its own separate option.  How can you possibly lump it in with caramel and nuts?

Damn, now I want some chocolate ice cream.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 12:46:09 am »

I don't know where it fits, but




RUM RAISIN.


That is all.
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:11:38 am »

I don't know where it fits, but




RUM RAISIN.


That is all.

It is definitely hard to classify, but I would say the rum fits more into the caramel category. The raisins are not really tangy enough to be included with the fruits.

You'd almost think there would be a clearer classification scheme by now. I'm having a hard time picturing this. I guess it would start with the base flavour and then group by features. I'm sure someone must have done this, because it is a very important issue. Of course someone did, but it is not so satisfactory. There is not enough treatment of particulate diversity.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 01:18:48 am by swinehund »
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 01:16:07 am »

I wasn't sure where "cookie dough" would fit either, so i just went with chocolate/nuts.

In retrospect, "other" would perhaps have been more appropriate.  Ah well.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 01:28:31 am »

Oh, what about vanilla?  As that link reminds me, it is by far the most consumed flavor.  What I just ate in the absence of chocolate ice cream in the house was vanilla covered in chocolate, which is one of the best flavor combinations on earth.

I like that that link explains away my suspicion that the continent is full of boring people who choose vanilla again and again in the face of such perhaps excesssive variety as 21st century ice cream affords.

Now, as to your original question: Of course I would choose chocolate, but Creamsicles are a very tough competitor from the fruit division.  Because that is also a combination of inexplicable genius.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 01:32:49 am »

I don't really eat Ice Cream.  Is it okay if I just have the cake?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 01:47:40 am »

For a little while Ben & Jerry's had blueberry ice cream that was much less sweetened than most ice cream. It was just full of creamy blueberry-y flavor and it was super delicious. They will probably never revive that flavor.
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 02:04:16 am »

Oh, what about vanilla?  As that link reminds me, it is by far the most consumed flavor.  What I just ate in the absence of chocolate ice cream in the house was vanilla covered in chocolate, which is one of the best flavor combinations on earth.

I like that that link explains away my suspicion that the continent is full of boring people who choose vanilla again and again in the face of such perhaps excesssive variety as 21st century ice cream affords.

Now, as to your original question: Of course I would choose chocolate, but Creamsicles are a very tough competitor from the fruit division.  Because that is also a combination of inexplicable genius.

Let me tell you what I learned about ice cream flavour demographics from two summers working in an ice cream parlour:

Old people (over 50) order vanilla, maple walnut, rum and raisin, sometimes butterscotch ripple (I have nothing against these flavours, just a correlation). Unless they are old italian people, then they will order vanilla or spumoni. A large italian family will order mostly spumoni and a couple vanilla cones, plus maybe one chocolate for the kid.

Females between 12 and 25 or something prefer cherry/ CUNT cheesecake, pralines and cream, cookies and cream, cookie dough, 'funky chunky chocolate' those sorts of complicated things. I think men of this demographic order approximately the same stuff, but more butter pecan and chocolate thrown in.

No one ordered eggnog.

I probably should have just made the question Fudgesicle vs. Creamsicle, but I saw the broader issue at work. However, I know I'm winning because every time I have a Creamsicle, he asks me for a bite of it.
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 02:09:00 am »

I don't really eat Ice Cream.  Is it okay if I just have the cake?

No cake. Only Cookie Puss.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 02:10:51 am »

You worked in an ice cream parlor that sold spumoni?  I have never seen this in my adult life. I thought it was extinct but maybe it is instead that I moved away from the Bronx.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 02:32:41 am »

No cake. Only Cookie Puss.

"Cookie Puss, I will eat your soul!" </Satoshi, Eater of Souls>
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 02:34:46 am »

I grew up in a rather italian part of town. Apparently we even had our own mafia? I'm not sure about that one. It was, however, considered cool to have italian ancestry at my grade school, where kids with obviously scottish last names would claim they were italian (they were, but like 3rd generation). Also you could get pannetone and the huge and festively-wrapped chocolate easter eggs at the grocery stores. Once I got one and it had a cheap little medal of the Pope in it as a prize.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 02:38:35 am »

Anthrax Ripple?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Flavour Deathmatch
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 03:06:51 am »

My old standby has always been mint choc chip so I guess that puts me in with the chocolate crowd. But we know not of your creamsicles in this foreign land.
Lemon Sorbet is the bomb of course but it's not really fair pitting sorbet (or heaven's forbid Gelato) against ordinary run of the mill ice cream.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up