Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Milk Carton  (Read 16202 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Milk Carton
« on: May 25, 2006, 10:55:03 pm »

Make your own milk carton from the Coffee And TV video by Blur. If you have as much free time as I do, there's no excuse not to.

Here is the net.

An example. He is running from the Bovril. Also, kitchen.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 11:31:57 pm »

Blur had more than one song? Well presumably based on the title they had at least 2, but I thought that might have been ironic.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 04:23:43 pm »

Blur had more than one song? Well presumably based on the title they had at least 2, but I thought that might have been ironic.

Is Song 2 seriously the only song Blur ever got big on in America? Bugger that for a laugh! That's the equivalent of The Smiths getting popular because of Frankly Mr Shankly.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 04:47:28 pm »

Milky can be friends with the Achewood Kut-Me Ups!  Alternately, they could fight to the death.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 05:10:18 pm »

Judy, I thought that the English still had their milk delivered in Glass Bottles.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 06:30:07 pm »

Judy, I thought that the English still had their milk delivered in Glass Bottles.

~Paul

Indeed we do. They come in pints and say 'Dairy Crest' on the side.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 07:02:00 pm »

Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 07:05:31 pm »

Adorable.  Is this true of the larger cities, as well?

I don't know about everywhere, but where I was at the delivery guys drove cute little 3 wheel carts.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 07:46:54 pm »

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 09:09:50 pm »

Is Song 2 seriously the only song Blur ever got big on in America? Bugger that for a laugh! That's the equivalent of The Smiths getting popular because of Frankly Mr Shankly.

The Universal is about the only other song that seems to have been noticed here, though it's one of those songs most people only know because it's been used in the background of commercials.  Coffee & TV got a lot of play for a while due to its nifty little video, but *Insert MTV rant*.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 04:24:48 am »

Dude, the Parklife album was huge here in indie circles when it came out.  "To The End" is an indie rock staple.

Song 2 was probably their only "hit" here, but Coffee & TV got some play, not just for the cute video.  It was also in the scene in Cruel Intentions where Selma Blair (yum) was being taught how to kiss by Buffy.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 05:06:10 am »

We're not even off the first page and this thread has wandered so far off topic that even 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon would be able to save it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 07:40:42 am »

Dude, the Parklife album was huge here in indie circles when it came out.  "To The End" is an indie rock staple.

Song 2 was probably their only "hit" here, but Coffee & TV got some play, not just for the cute video.  It was also in the scene in Cruel Intentions where Selma Blair (yum) was being taught how to kiss by Buffy.

That movie has a surprisingly good soundtrack.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 12:19:16 pm »

We're not even off the first page and this thread has wandered so far off topic that even 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon would be able to save it.

What the hell are you talking about?

The thread is about the cute little milk carton from Blur's "Coffee & TV" music video, and every post but yours has been either about milk cartons or the band Blur.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Milk Carton
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 04:35:26 am »

Just to back up jough, Parklife was indeed huge, at least among the cats I know.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up