Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT  (Read 3344 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

I feel so sassy! Renting a room by the hour!

here in the Anchorage airport there is this fabulous place where you can rent a room. No, it's not for immoral purposes, although I suppose you could use it for that if you wanted. However, I just wanted to take a nap and use the free internet that comes with the room.  Unfortunately, there is no bathroom, which sucks because I'd love to take a shower right about now. However, there is a free computer, and a television, and a super large leather sofa that is calling my name. I have to catch a redeye at 1AM, so I'm getting a little R&R here before I have to go.

Plus, I almost left my damn cellphone at the TSA security checkpoint. Thank Baby Jesus that I remembered it.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 06:11:31 am »

Good to hear from you. This isn't another sneak visit to Hawaii, is it?

Enjoy your long weekend!
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 10:15:41 am »

No, it's not for immoral purposes, although I suppose you could use it for that if you wanted. However, I just wanted to take a nap and use the free internet that comes with the room. 

Do nearly all hotels have free internet access in America? I remember seeing this rant by some webcomic guy about how 'backward' some hotel was because it had no internet. In Britain and the continent free access is really rare and even basic internet access for money is not guaranteed.

As for the immoral part, in Brussels I was flicking through the channels with my younger brothers (all three of them) and channel 13 had a VERY graphic preview of its pay-for-porn service. That took a lot of explaining.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 03:17:42 pm »

Do nearly all hotels have free internet access in America? I remember seeing this rant by some webcomic guy about how 'backward' some hotel was because it had no internet. In Britain and the continent free access is really rare and even basic internet access for money is not guaranteed.

As for the immoral part, in Brussels I was flicking through the channels with my younger brothers (all three of them) and channel 13 had a VERY graphic preview of its pay-for-porn service. That took a lot of explaining.

It tends to vary by town. Once one hotel in a town switches to free high-speed then the others tend to follow suit pretty quickly. Often even places like Budget Inn join in. What's slightly more rare is free long distance calling.

Linnea, you need to find yourself a good truckstop. They generally have showers and towels you can rent. (mmm, rented trucker towel)
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 07:11:14 pm »

I've been spending a bunch of nights over in Atlantic City this year, and it seems to vary completely by place.  Random, almost.

Few years ago this one place in Virginia made you pay, but if I stayed by the window, my laptop could pick up a signal for a few minutes at a time.

Seems about 60% of places have free internet.
Logged
ACHIEVE

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 07:20:21 pm »

I believe a lot of this free internet and such is driven by businessmen who travel.  I know that whenever my company sends me somewhere they prefer I pick a place that doesn't charge.  (We have this whole weird set of arcane rules to follow for travel.  If you cannot go out and seek sustinence and must order room service you have to slay a red dragon and present its heart to the Expense Accounts board as proof of your worthiness.  The Expense Accounts board is in the Mystical Palace of Wonderon lying in the heart of the Swamp of Sorrows by which you have to traverse a series of feats of skill; each more dastardly than the last.  You will then find them behind the door marked "Beware of the Puma".)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 04:53:41 pm »

where did everyone go? there hasn't been a post made since yesterday afternoon...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 05:03:37 pm »

where did everyone go? there hasn't been a post made since yesterday afternoon...

Man, I know. I came on this morning expecting a plethora of posts made while you were all active and I was in my pyjamas. For the first time, there were no new posts. Maybe people just all went really social on Saturday night.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 05:04:27 pm »

They have all gone away for the holiday weekend to hotels that do NOT offer free wireless, obviously.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 06:44:45 pm »

yeah, dang.
I was out all of friday night, and basically all of saturday (graduation parties! whee!), and there were only a handful of posts when I got back.

But, I guess it is a holiday and all...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 08:10:43 pm »

To get this (sort of) back on topic, I am always delighted when some airports (like Hartford/Springfield's Bradley) have free wireless access, but dismayed when other airports (like Philadelphia's) do not.  Free Internet access seems like something that all airports should have available, what with all the potential delays and layovers that give the many businesspeople frequenting said airports time to get extra work done.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 04:38:03 pm »

or, that allows traveling Hobo-*****s to access messageboards about alive stuffed animals.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 05:23:33 pm »

Free Internet access at airports is explosively rad. I cannot endorse it enough.

Also, I have been gone because the SO is here and I have been spending most of my time doing SO-is-visiting type activities, like museum visits and makeouts. So... y'know.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 07:51:34 pm »

Also, I have been gone because the SO is here and I have been spending most of my time doing SO-is-visiting type activities, like museum visits and makeouts. So... y'know.

I imagined the little Snidely Whiplash eye saying that in a melodrama-villain/Radio Strong Bad type voice and got a good quick chuckle.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 11:36:23 pm »

Also, I have been gone because the SO is here and I have been spending most of my time doing SO-is-visiting type activities, like museum visits and tying people to train tracks mwahahahahahahahahaaha! So... y'know.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up