Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT  (Read 3334 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 04:52:31 am »

AD, sadly there are no sneak trips to the Aloha State. I'm chilling in CO. I have to add that the internet access was not "free" per se, since I did in fact have to pay for the room at the airport. Still, $45 for several hours of blissful privacy and a place to recline and check email and talk on a messageboard about alive stuffed animals is well worth it.

The weather here in CO is hot. HOT!!  My tundra-stiffened body is having some difficulty acclimating. Plus my skin is deadly pale. My sister mercifully let me use some of her self-tanner so as to avoid pilots looking down and being BLINDED by my luminescently giraffebelly whiteness and thus having planes falling out of the sky while the pilots claw at their faces and scream, "MY EYES!". It was like 90 degrees (Fahrenheit) yesterday. SUUUUCK! Today I was roped into helping wash and wax vehicles belonging to my dad and his new wife. I cannot complain, though, since my dad lets me drive his truck rather than having to rent one of my own. It is a thing of beauty. My truck in Alaska is a 1986 1/2 rusted out Nissan Pathfinder, and although I love it, my dad's 2006 Silverado with bitchin' awesome sound system has it beat. I can even drink a cup of coffee or boba tea without having to be bothered to switch gears, since his truck has an automatic transmission! Sheer luxury!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 12:51:20 pm »

Pale is dandy by me. Because skin cancer is lame no matter what the "cool kids" tell you.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 02:14:47 pm »

But Cort, thymine dimers!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: renting rooms by the hour at the airport, and no not for THAT
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 05:04:45 pm »

Man, why can't more airports have such rooms? I just spent last night sleeping in a chair in the Pittsburgh airport, and then I had to come straight to work after my plane landed here. Let me tell ya, I'd be a lot perkier if they'd had rentable rooms.

(And no, my plane wasn't delayed or anything, I just had an early flight, and rather than get a couple hours sleep and then drive the two hours to Pittsburgh at 3 am, I thought I'd drive to the airport at midnight and just wait there. Maybe not my greatest plan, but a plan nonetheless.)
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up