Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The first album you ever bought?  (Read 16589 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 08:48:35 am »

I distinctly remember that someone gave me a Garth Brooks CD (just part of the fun of the beautiful state of Oklahoma) as a birthday while young.  Actually I remember who gave it to me, and now he is this really good drummer but in a religious indie band thing (more Oklahoma fun!).

Anyways, first cassette I got my parents to buy for me:  MC Hammer

First CD I bought:  Probably Dylan's greatest hits or something, although I am not for sure.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2006, 04:37:33 pm »

Damn, even seeing some of the answers you lot have given, I still don't want to admit what the first album I bought was...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2006, 05:54:27 pm »

Oh c'mon dude, it can't be worse than the Cocktail soundtrack. I mean, really.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2006, 06:58:52 pm »

Oh c'mon dude, it can't be worse than the Cocktail soundtrack. I mean, really.

Really? OK... It was an INXS album.
I have to go and wash myself off again... My only defense is that I must have been about 8. Ok, two defenses - the music I was listening to that I didn't have to buy as my brother gave me it was all good! And it was purely because of a T shirt a girl gave me...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2006, 07:59:01 pm »

"Flood", by TMBG.

eh...heh...hello

Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2006, 08:00:49 pm »

Slink and Bozack back on the same day?  Coincidence?

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2006, 08:12:02 pm »

Really? OK... It was an INXS album.
I have to go and wash myself off again...

No matter how hard you scrub, you'll never be clean.



Also, welcome back, even though you don't know who I am.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2006, 09:35:18 pm »

Slink and Bozack back on the same day?  Coincidence?

What can I say, I couldn't resist his charms any longer!

Doffs hat to Hobot. Why thankyou
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2006, 05:41:41 am »

um yeah, my uncle tried hard to get me to listen to INXS recently. and I was trying equally hard not to laugh in his face.
obviously I am better than him, because I succeeded, but he failed.

...also, this is the same uncle who saw The Clash. and The Specials. Goddamn him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2006, 12:22:58 pm »

INXS was a good band before its singer killed himself while jerking off.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2006, 12:45:02 pm »

INXS was a good band before its singer killed himself while jerking off.

When trying to find out what the hell Jough was talking about, I came across this fascinating list.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2006, 12:48:36 pm »

I didn't know André the Giant was French!  Huh.  Those Gargantuan Gauls.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2006, 12:51:46 pm »

I didn't know André the Giant was French!  Huh.  Those Gargantuan Gauls.

Nor did I.  I had heard he was Russian, which I guess is kind of close to Polish and Bulgarian.  Kind of.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2006, 12:53:49 pm »

Nor did I.  I had heard he was Russian, which I guess is kind of close to Polish and Bulgarian.  Kind of.

I always just assumed he was Russian or at least Eastern Bloc by his last name.  This is why I should never assume, it makes concrete donkeys out of all of us.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The first album you ever bought?
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2006, 01:31:35 pm »

I always just assumed he was Russian or at least Eastern Bloc by his last name.  This is why I should never assume, it makes concrete donkeys out of all of us.

Apparently you need to watch his A&E biography. Apparently he always carried a VHS copy of The Princess Bride with him and was always trying to get people to watch it with him.

And hey, the Concrete Donkey is the ultimate symbol for goodness and light. Don't be dissing the CD.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up