Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret  (Read 2499 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Link

T looks all kinds of crazy determined running away like that.

I wonder if his vestigial dinkus bounces when he runs.

Also, why would beef first want to hide it inside a Table Saw?  Is there one in the poolhouse?  Why is that the first thing to come to mind?  Do I not understand this because I am not full of their blissfull, easy feeling?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 04:50:18 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 04:51:06 pm »

Teodor, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Honestly, this weird-ass arc looks like it will be dragging on for a little longer than I might like.  It was interesting when it was just a couple of funny strips with the common theme off foil undies, but now it looks like he's bringing a dang plot into the thing.  I just sigh, and wait and see...
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 04:53:24 pm »

Let's play match the artwork from the previous strip. Yes, I know that this is how Onstad gets the strips out semi-daily, but I noticed it more today than I usually do.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 04:57:13 pm »

A glorious expression is on Beef's face on the table-saw panel. I love it.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 04:59:58 pm »

Meh.  This was funny when it was two strips with Molly and Beef.  This extended arc is starting to grate, though.

But yes, that is a glorious expression.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 05:32:39 pm »

Huh.  So that's what a portly, crazed, half-naked stuffed bear looks like when he runs.

I still dig the altered speech patterns, but yes, I'm not sure I like the idea of an entire story arc developing from this premise.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 05:42:36 pm »

y'all will always doubt.
Quote
why is ray's mom sticking around so long? what? some fight thing? s'crap. Screw it! onstad, you are a crap dude. this will suck


this will end up being good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 06:11:49 pm »

They should form a secret society to protect their secret then have Dan Brown write a book about it.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 06:56:41 pm »

This was a rare occurence where the alt-text is the funniest gag in the strip.

Not that this was a bad thing, it was very funny but... usually the alt-text serves as a palate cleanser to rejoin the internet.

This time, that's where the gut laugh was for me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 06:58:50 pm »

Beef looks so SOLEMN, like Linus in the Charlie Brown Christmas cartoon when he's going on about angels and mangers.  Don't be solemn, Beef, and keep your delicate undergarments away from the danged table saw.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 08:47:33 pm »

cort--
no, they should have someone else invent a pretend secret society, and then one of them will come out and debunk it and say "we made it all up," and then Dan Brown will write a book about it. And say that it is based on true events.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up