Yay! Everyone on board for the TOUAMBIE-Add-More-Days-Between-Today-And-The-Day-You-Die Train (or TOUAMBIEAMDBTATDYDT)!
I think we should all set our own goals, and no, Jough, I do not think this needs to be weight-specific - if you prefer to work toward a wellness goal, which is more fitting with what you want anyway, perhaps there is some specific physical feat that you hope you might accomplish in three months that should be your thing.
I prefer to remain somewhat lady like and not reveal my weight. Also, I am not really up for a before and after picture. As I've said before I hate being photographed and would likely be made unhappy by my
after picture, even if it showed marked improvement. I did just measure my boobs with a piece of string though - you know, for science - and have a piece of string that is exactly my current body-around-fullest-part-of-boob circumference. I will check periodically for changes in boob size and report back. Also, I would be happy to award the boob string to the winner, if the winner is not me.
My goal is two fold:
Weight Loss: With today as my starting date, I wish to lose
20 pounds (or more) by Sept 9th. My doctor and all health sites I checked in to seem to say that for a woman of my height and age that it is safe to lose 1-2 pounds per week, so this is right in the safe zone.
Fitness: Return to running 3 miles in under 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. I used to be able to do this a couple years ago, but now I down to 1.5 in 30 minutes, and I want to get back up there!
Also, today as I was topping off my veggie pita with the healthfood-store bought, low-fat, no-soy ( I'm allergic) flax-based dressing, I noticed the brand name of said dressing for the first time:
Wellness. Yep it's actually in
italics on the label. And we're all about the italics here now
aren't we? I took this as a sign that things are awesome.
Personal triumph for the day? I woke up in utter pain this morning, limped to the bathroom, gave myself a pep-talk while peeing, and convinced myself to walk the 50 minute walk to work even though I hurt sooo much. I always feel much better when I get my expensive, well designed shoes on anyway. With huge boobs and horrible joints, the addage is the same: proper support is
everything.
Tip to others working toward wellness: don't be afraid to spend a lot of money on a really good pair of shoes. I've found with both my
kick ass boots, and very supportive runners (Merrell Brand is awesome), that I have made the best purchases of my life.