Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40   Go Down

Author Topic: Dying  (Read 104629 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dying
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2006, 02:32:08 pm »

William S. Burroughs did not lead a healthy lifestyle.  He is not a suitable role model for this thread.

~Paul

I was only nominating him as a role model to me Paul, TO ME!!


Then again I don't think I'll be shooting my wife soon or heading down to Tanzania to have sex with boys, so... the role model thing only goes so far really.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2006, 03:56:59 pm »

(Thank you mite - I will used that in my monthly announcement to the SO that I am happily not pregnant again for another month - it will include a dance.)


Well, I stole it from Mr. R. Stevens, and I'm sure he doesn't mind.

I have a similar monthly announcement. I think I shall also include a dance portion. I'll have to make it short to fit in between cramp attacks, though.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2006, 04:13:27 pm »

Ah yes, The Not-Pregnant Dance.  The SO asks for that one by name once a month.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2006, 06:11:36 pm »

And for Wombat, here's your boob sting update: to my absolute horror, the boob string, which touched end to end two weeks ago, no longer touches.  I have lost significant weight, but my boobs have expanded just slightly.  WTF?  I've been drinking a lot more milk, so I blame the growth hormones from the cows.   My SO says it's from the pills he's been sneaking into my food when I'm not looking.  I can only hope that he's joking.

Check 'em in the middle of your cycle too. All those hormones and junk could swell 'em a little.

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Dying
« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2006, 06:24:56 pm »

wow, Hormones. that is the way to say it.

I was typing, and it was something like "don't they get bigger around the time when... when you..."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2006, 12:39:00 am »

William S. Burroughs did not lead a healthy lifestyle.  He is not a suitable role model for this thread.

~Paul

Paul I will disagree, if you are referring mostly to the man's taste for the junk (oh hell of nice, double entendre).  Heroin is a remarkably innocuous drug if the user can eliminate the potential for impurity (which dramatically reduces the likelihood of overdose because the drug can be measured accurately).  Heroin junkies who can eat enough to survive and procure the drug through safe means often live incredibly long and productive lives.  Take Bill, for example, who lived well into his 80s or his deviant mentor Herbert Huncke, who died a decade ago at 91 (and continued to shoot up regularly through his final years).  Heroin addiction curbs ones appetite for food and sex -- it makes a person an entirely sedentary creature, almost like a plant (I think there's a lot about this in the chapter of Junk that was appended after its initial publishing).  Its effect reminds me of an experiment I was reading about in which researchers kept breeding long-living fruit flies until after a few generations they managed to triple the lifespan of this particular species.  The resultant methuselah flies would live well long but they would eat very little and refuse to mate with each other.  Apparently the key to long life is to eat like a thousand calories or less, never to bump uglies, and generally to limit your activities to urination and opiate ingestion.  Hope I saved a life, peace.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Dying
« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2006, 09:52:36 am »

Suprisingly, I have lost 5-7 pounds in the last several days, even though I have been slacking a little on excercise.  Despite my father eating through several Entemann's pies, I have not touched any sugary snacks.  The testicle-masochism method is working well.  Also, no beer and no nachos when the wee-hours wind down.

I also tried something new.  I was staring at some cake and I realized, I have eaten so much cake that I can basically taste it without even eating it.  So I just tried to taste it without eating it; try to daydream away and let the neurons fire off and that's all.  It seems to have worked, the temptation to eat sugary foods has been reduced a decent amount.

Once in awhile I tend to taste things in dreams; that's where I got the idea from.  More often than not, dream flavor tends to include vanilla.  I guess I perceive vanilla as the most indulgent of flavors.

I hope I dream about a vanilla shake, tonight.  But, if I don't... ya know... that's cool.
Logged
ACHIEVE

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2006, 09:58:23 am »

Paul I will disagree, if you are referring mostly to the man's taste for the junk (oh hell of nice, double entendre).  Heroin is a remarkably innocuous drug if the user can eliminate the potential for impurity (which dramatically reduces the likelihood of overdose because the drug can be measured accurately).  Heroin junkies who can eat enough to survive and procure the drug through safe means often live incredibly long and productive lives.  Take Bill, for example, who lived well into his 80s or his deviant mentor Herbert Huncke, who died a decade ago at 91 (and continued to shoot up regularly through his final years).  Heroin addiction curbs ones appetite for food and sex -- it makes a person an entirely sedentary creature, almost like a plant (I think there's a lot about this in the chapter of Junk that was appended after its initial publishing).  Its effect reminds me of an experiment I was reading about in which researchers kept breeding long-living fruit flies until after a few generations they managed to triple the lifespan of this particular species.  The resultant methuselah flies would live well long but they would eat very little and refuse to mate with each other.  Apparently the key to long life is to eat like a thousand calories or less, never to bump uglies, and generally to limit your activities to urination and opiate ingestion.  Hope I saved a life, peace.

Welp, I guess the only thing left for me to do is get hooked on the dope.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2006, 10:00:24 am »

I also tried something new.  I was staring at some cake and I realized, I have eaten so much cake that I can basically taste it without even eating it.  So I just tried to taste it without eating it; try to daydream away and let the neurons fire off and that's all.  It seems to have worked, the temptation to eat sugary foods has been reduced a decent amount.

*****_god you are a genius.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2006, 03:52:03 pm »

I don't think I've ever dreamt about tasting something.  I used to have a recurring dream about being in a bakery with such a huge selection that I couldn't make up my mind, so before I ever managed to eat anything I had woken up.  I never knew if that was actually a dream about eating or some kind of metaphor.

Now I want some pie, dammit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2006, 05:06:54 pm »

Man, I haven't missed sugary stuff at all.  It's the deep-fried savoury high glycemic index stuff that I long for (mostly chinese food, like General Tso's Chicken and stuff, but also french fries, Pizza, pasta, crunchy Italian breads, croissants, etc.

Mashed potatoes and me also go way back.  I actually did have like, four tablespoons of mashed potatoes last week.  I ate them very slowly throughout the meal so it didn't really feel like I didn't have much. 

Oh, and come thanksgiving Yams and Stuffing are going to be hard to not eat huge pans of.

But that's a long way off, and maybe by then I won't be craving the carbs so much.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2006, 05:25:27 pm »

I've had french fries three times and mashed potatos twice in the past two plus weeks.  Denial is a path to certian failure.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2006, 10:58:40 pm »

On Bloomsday I had lunch at The Irish Pub in Philly and had an Irish Steerburger (basically a cheeseburger with ham on top of it) and fries.  It was good.  I also walked about 6-8 miles that day, at a brisk pace, in 90F heat, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to call that day "breaking even."  My software tells me I consumed negative calories that day, though, so I'm not worried.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #238 on: June 19, 2006, 05:07:54 pm »

Spent two days at the SO's parent's place over the weekend and gained three pounds.  Ate onion rings for dinner last night because it was the only place between where I was and where I was going to, and had a dream that a man was in our bedroom leaning over my bed to strangle me.  Awoke as I was diving out of bed (away from strangler) and screaming like crazy.  I screamed so much my throat still hurts.  Also my shoulder hurts because I was diving out of bed toward the floor and collided with said floor with my shoulder.

We all suck when it comes to weekend eataing.  Boo.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #239 on: June 19, 2006, 05:28:11 pm »

I had my first bad day on Saturday.  I was dragged out for breakfast and I made the best choices I could, but there weren't any real good choices.  Then I ate Middle Eastern food for dinner (very delicious).  I'm taking it in stride.  You can't be perfect everyday.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40   Go Up