Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40   Go Down

Author Topic: Dying  (Read 104903 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #315 on: June 24, 2006, 04:01:53 am »

Yeah, he wasn't so crazy about them - but he liked the fried chicken feet.  Go figure.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #316 on: June 27, 2006, 04:13:00 am »

Yay!  I have lost 10 pounds total since we started this thang!

Also, I went to the visiting carnival, and managed to only eat one of those tiny lil' donuts - the SO ate the other 17.  Also, I rode on a roller coaster for the first time ever.  Fun!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #317 on: June 27, 2006, 04:59:03 am »

Congrats, Smells.

I've only been on a coaster once, when I was 8 or 9.  Made me ill.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #318 on: June 27, 2006, 05:35:48 am »

Congratulations Mel, that's a really nice accomplishment.

I love Roller Coasters, but i'm too big to ride on most of them.  Not for long though.  Hell yeah, WTG!!!

I did ride this rollercoaster last year.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #319 on: June 27, 2006, 07:24:41 am »

Thrills AND Chills eh Paul?
I hope it delivered on that promise.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #320 on: June 27, 2006, 12:48:23 pm »

Down just under a pound in the weekly weigh-in, although it was after I ate breakfast (but I didn't eat a pound of food, so likely no extra gain there).

Anyway, I was hoping for more, and +/- 1 pound in either direction can really fluctuate based on how much water I've drinken, whether I've peed or pooped lately, etc.

So I'm calling this week "broke even," even though I ate right and exercised more. 

Not fair.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #321 on: June 28, 2006, 03:19:41 am »

A pound is enough.  It's somethin'.  It's better than being up a pound.

Also, the rollercoaster was indeed fun - it was the first time I'd had the opportunity (not a size thing for me, thanfully), as when the Exhibition comes to town they don't usually bring a rollercoaster. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #322 on: June 28, 2006, 04:11:28 am »

Smells, I don't think anyone assumed that you were too grande to ride a rollercoaster.

Plus, did you know that FEAR burns calories?  It's a fact!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Dying
« Reply #323 on: June 28, 2006, 05:47:45 am »

oh my god, this is totally why my girlfriend and I (and hobot!) are so skinny. Fear is like my number one activity.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dying
« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2006, 10:42:16 am »

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Dying
« Reply #325 on: June 28, 2006, 01:01:59 pm »

oh my god, this is totally why my girlfriend and I (and hobot!) are so skinny. Fear is like my number one activity.

Yes, that is it!  Everyone out there who needs to lose weight, consult me on how to be afraid of anything and everything, for no good reason at all!

Advanced students will have the opportunity for one-on-one, interactive tutorials on panic attacks!

Only $10K up front.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #326 on: June 28, 2006, 02:11:06 pm »

Yes, that is it!  Everyone out there who needs to lose weight, consult me on how to be afraid of anything and everything, for no good reason at all!

Advanced students will have the opportunity for one-on-one, interactive tutorials on panic attacks!

Only $10K up front.

And according the The Tick fear is the most efficient fuel in the universe. A spaceship powered by fear can actual fly at the speed of lint (the only thing faster than light).
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #327 on: June 28, 2006, 04:05:49 pm »

But how do you keep your fear from causing you to either a) stress eat or b) get drunk/high to self-medicate and then get the munchies? I think constant low-grade anxiety is what makes it impossible for me to lose these last 8 pounds.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Dying
« Reply #328 on: June 28, 2006, 04:32:34 pm »

But how do you keep your fear from causing you to either a) stress eat or b) get drunk/high to self-medicate and then get the munchies? I think constant low-grade anxiety is what makes it impossible for me to lose these last 8 pounds.

Stress eating is not a problem for me, because I have never turned to food to alleviate anxiety.  Also, developing a fear of food and of gaining weight, while not AT ALL healthy or advisable, is pretty effective in preventing "weakness" in this regard.  In terms of self-medicating with drugs and/or alcohol, I've been there and done that, so the experimentation itch is out of my system.  And I'm not old enough to buy alcohol legally, so that's a pretty good deterrent.  Oh, and without getting into any gruesome details, I'm medicated enough as it is.  I don't need the dubious "help" of drugs or alcohol to calm me down, when I have something that's been proven effective in the test subject of Me and that is relatively tailored to my needs.

I realised after composing this response that it seems rather argumentative and contentious -- this was not my intent.  Sorry 'bout that.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #329 on: June 28, 2006, 05:14:01 pm »

I've been doing pretty well food-wise.  I made a Beef Barley Soup from scratch last night that was uberdelicious and only 200 calories per bowl.

The only thing that I CRAVE is Chinese Food.  I crave crispy yet saucy Orange Chicken like I crave the love of a woman's goodness.  It is strong and deep. 

Here's a question: how do you satisfy your basic human need to eat something crunchy that is also healthy?  I mean, there is nothing in the baked world that is the same as anything breaded and deep fried. 

I need some crispy back in my diet, and then my culinary transformation will be complete.  But denying crunch is just asking for failure.  I've tried searing meats and stuff in a really hot cast iron skillet, but it's not quite as crisp or delicious as say, fried chicken skin.

I did have a couple pieces of bacon on Father's Day.  That was pretty good.

But what the fuck can I add to a meal, salad, etc., that is crunchy?

I ask you!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40   Go Up