Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40   Go Down

Author Topic: Dying  (Read 104651 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #570 on: August 09, 2006, 05:25:08 am »

Talk about health please.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #571 on: August 09, 2006, 02:44:42 pm »

Talk about health please.

Agreed.

How about vitamins?  Are we all up on the vitamins?  Even though I'm pretty good at eating in a nutritionally balanced way, it can't hurt can it?  I've been meaning to ask a pharmacist for a recommendation of a multivitiamin that's not as big as a small egg.  I basically gag on large pills, so even if I needed to take two smaller pills, this is my preference.

Also, in regard to keeping hydrated, I chugged a liter of water in under 10 minutes, then my friend showed up uninvited, so I put the kettle on and we sat down to tea.  Also I had just had a huge bowl of home made soup for lunch.  I swear I peed so many times during her visit, all ducking into the water closet and sliding the pocket door shut over and over, that I just had to explain the situation. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dying
« Reply #572 on: August 09, 2006, 02:59:20 pm »

Also, in regard to keeping hydrated, I chugged a liter of water in under 10 minutes, then my friend showed up uninvited, so I put the kettle on and we sat down to tea.

Careful, tea can actually dehydrate you. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #573 on: August 09, 2006, 04:08:41 pm »

I basically gag on large pills, so even if I needed to take two smaller pills, this is my preference.

I gag even on small pills, so I take children's chewable vitamins.  As far as I can figure, if I take two of the ones I buy, I get an adult dose, but even if that's not quite right, it's more vitamins than no vitamins.  And they are delicious so it's like getting to eat candy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #574 on: August 09, 2006, 04:15:55 pm »

I gag even on small pills

Much to the chagrin of Tech Support, no doubt.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #575 on: August 09, 2006, 04:35:41 pm »

Hey, are you accussing the Technical Staff of having small pills? 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #576 on: August 09, 2006, 04:50:14 pm »

No, just that it's unfortunate that you gag on them.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #577 on: August 09, 2006, 05:25:51 pm »

Speaking of health...

I quit the fuck*ng Copenhagen.

Dipping is basically the nastiest habit ever, and prolly the one I've had the longest. I barely drink, don't go near drugs and flat out don't smoke. All of these are things that I've put in the used to do category long ago, and I don't miss 'em.

But this is different. This is a tough goodbye. This is something I really really like having to go the fuck away.

'Cause in the long run, it'll kill my ass.

I've gone and done it. Ain't no room for going back, I'm getting out before the bad happens.

Doesn't mean I gotta like it, but it is what it is.

Shit Fuck.

It's just me and you, Nicorette.

Good for you, man.  That's excellent.  Hang tough.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Dying
« Reply #578 on: August 09, 2006, 09:51:45 pm »

Rock on, Ash, and good luck. I've heard chewing tobacco is very pernicious; may the Nicorette serve you well.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #579 on: August 10, 2006, 05:18:49 am »

Smoking was like that for me.  I've quit twice now, the first time for a year, and this time, for just about a year.   

I have no intention of taking it back up.    The disassociation though, was horrible.   I quickly came to the realization that every event was one where I lit up.   Waking? Light up.  Driving a car?  Light up.  After a meal? Before a meal...during a meal... the 60 second walk from my car to my office door...

I went with the patches.   Keep on it Asherdan.   Let the righteous anger flow.  That was the big secret to my kicking it.   Every headache, every crave was a supermagical "F You!" to the chemicals that were messing with me.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #580 on: August 10, 2006, 03:07:22 pm »

Yeah Ash, way to go.  I think if you poll the ladies (and any sassy gents) around you, they will agree that you will get more kisses if you are not putting that shit in your mouth.  And this will lead to your mouth being busy in far more enjoyable ways.  And, even if you gain some weight from keeping your mouth busy with eating stuff, in the long run, I imagine some minor weight gain will have less detrimental health effects than snuff.  Also, I knew a guy whose whole mouth, and sections of his face, had to be slowly removed due to mouth cancer.  If you ever feel the need for a graphic , heart breaking description just let me know.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Dying
« Reply #581 on: August 10, 2006, 10:55:13 pm »

yeah dude, for real. quit that shit. it rhymes so it must be true.

edit: you were saying that you did quit that shit. legit!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #582 on: August 10, 2006, 11:42:44 pm »

I quit drinking almost 20 years ago and I don't have any desire whatsoever to drink ever again.  I quit smoking weed habitually about 17-8 years ago.  I like the idea of toking up and feeling high, but my recent experiences with weed tell me it's not a good idea.  I quit dipping snuff about 22-3 years ago and I still sometimes get cravings to dip.  That shit is a mother fucker to kick.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #583 on: August 11, 2006, 12:05:12 am »

Here's a nice picture of Eddie Van Halen that you can print out and keep as a reminder of what happens to people when they have to fight oral cancer.

Stay strong, Ash.  If you need me to drive down there and hide all your snuff, let me know.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dying
« Reply #584 on: August 11, 2006, 03:28:49 am »

Good luck with that Ash.. seriously.  Anything tobacco related is a motherfucker and I'm behind you all the way!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40   Go Up