Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!  (Read 5378 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« on: June 02, 2006, 08:41:53 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06022006

Back to the magic underpants storyline, I guess. At least now we know why Ray was angry when Beef added too much water to his cup a week or so ago. Also, note Roast Beef's "Mega Nerd" gang sign in panel ten. RepreSENT
Logged

Triplets

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 09:07:45 am »

Is Beef's sign 3 over Pi? I think it is.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 09:41:29 am »

Not "MN", for Mega-Nerd?
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 10:16:33 am »

First of all:  "This is some black beans Ray" = Very Yes.


Oh Lyle.  In the garage throwing up spaghetti eh?  I almost hear someone else, maybe Mr. Bear, saying "Again?" in the background.  Lyle, you truly are king of kings.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 10:22:27 am »

I would have used that 'this is some black beans Ray' statement as the thread title, but the early bird catches the naming privileges. That'll teach me to stay up until 2am playing Episode 1.

The look on Phillipe's face when Teodor walks in is great, as is Beef's slip into his old panicky ways, despite the heavenly weight hanging around his dong area. Not to mention Beef's pose in panel 10. That is exactly what Mega-Nerds look like.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 11:14:29 am »

T is rolling up a dongamari.
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 11:45:35 am »

The Mega-Nerds need YOUR help!

I confess I was getting tired of this storyline and couldn't imagine it was going anywhere good, but I am tickled by Teodor's magnet picking up paper clips and driving him mad.  I am sorry for doubting you Mr. Onstad.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 12:45:34 pm »

I didn't realize 2.5 oz worked for everybody. I thought they'd have to calculate the idea for each person based on height or something. Clearly I am not at the forefront of dong science.

Is Beef throwing gang signs down at the bottom?
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 12:52:55 pm »

Is Beef's sign 3 over Pi? I think it is.

Triplets, you win.  Thank you for having the best first post in the history of the board.

I agree with wombat; today's strip was great, despite my previous lack of enthusiasm for this arc.  Beef's "this is some black beans Ray," the disastrous magnet incident, Philippe's horrified expression and Téodor's crazed and angry gesticulations in panels 7 and 8, Beef's gang sign (individual toes/fingers adorable), Lyle throwing up spaghetti in the garage, the alt-text... EVERYTHING WAS BRILLIANT.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 01:11:10 pm »

Not "MN", for Mega-Nerd?
Pretty sure it's this. Of course, it's a bit of a moot point since Beef looks more like he wants to hug Philippe than represent.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 01:14:11 pm »

Pretty sure it's this. Of course, it's a bit of a moot point since Beef looks more like he wants to hug Philippe than represent.

No!  I will cling to my belief that it is 3 over pi!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 04:38:01 pm »

Yeah, didn't notice Beef's "gang signs" the first read.  Nice touch.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 05:14:05 pm »

I think it's MN, but 3 over pi is rad.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 05:40:56 pm »

Please tell me I'm not the only one who read the phrase "frontweight" from the second panel as "fontweight", thereby causing me to have to re-read the entire comic again for it to make sense. I just figured those first few panels were a really elaborate graphic design joke. I think I've been designing too many websites lately, is the problem.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 06:00:13 pm »

um so,
what exactly do black beans have to do with anything?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up