V-adore - So did you choose Princess Bride because it ranks somewhere in the middle to you? Because for me, it's somewhere closer to the top. Proof positive that I am a girl.
I would want to choose a movie that is totally middle of the road as my ratings marker. I can't really think of a perfectly middle of the read movie.
And to everyone: Did you know that I have made it my mission to never see any of the first three Star Wars movies? It's true. Having not seen them made life a lot easier for me when I worked at the comic shop for three years. We had a fairly regular group of Sunday customers that were all my coworkers friends, and they would get into heated debate over Star Wars, and always want me to be a neutral-person tie breaker, only, indeed, I could not, as I had never seen any the movies all the way through. They all refused to believe this. The truth is, that when I was very small, I have vague memories of being in the back of my parents station wagon, in my P.J.'s, dipping in and out of sleep during the one where Darth Vader is finally revealed at Luke's father. But since I slept through most of it, and it was when I was too young to remember anything, it doesn't count.