Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06  (Read 19429 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« on: June 03, 2006, 04:26:29 pm »

Just Cornelius for the moment. I think 'The Tired Old World' is a fantastic name for a pub, personally. Also, I am pleased to hear he is a fan of the Kinks. I bet he basically listens to Waterloo Sunset all the time.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 04:43:15 pm »

Jude: I almost bought "village green preservation society" a few days ago. Is this a good one?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 04:48:56 pm »

Jude: I almost bought "village green preservation society" a few days ago. Is this a good one?

It is a very good one. I think a best-of would probably serve you better, 'cause they did a lot of good songs. There's about a million greatest hits compilations, your best bet would probably be a singles collection if you just want some of the typically Kinkier (see what I did?) stuff. But hey, it's all good.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 04:50:50 pm »

the thing is that this album was only 9 dollars due to Border's "classics on sale" thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 04:55:13 pm »

the thing is that this album was only 9 dollars due to Border's "classics on sale" thing.

Damn, if I had been you that album would have disappeared off the shelf, leaving only a cloud of dust to mark my presence. $9 is like £5.50! Cheap as chips.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 05:28:21 pm »

tI, buy that album, definnitely, but also do what Judy suggested because the Kinks are one of the best bands ever, seriously.  Or PM me.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 07:19:39 pm »

hm.

I am doing a thing where I go to that store every so often to check out which albums are on sale.

...hopefully it will still be there when I go back.

I can probably get The Best of The Kinks through illegal means.
But I like to actually own CDs. Call me old fashioned, I guess.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 08:20:33 pm »

It would appear that Lyle is still regurgitating that spaghetti.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 08:20:40 pm »

Village Green is a terrific album.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 09:55:26 pm »

Judy, I bought it.
thank you so much for this.

So far: I really like "Do you remember Walter?" because even though I am only 18, I already like to look back at people I knew when I was younger and miss them.
Especially people who i was friends with when I was like 10, and oh man they were so cool but I can't remember their last names.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 10:13:31 pm »

Kink Kronikles is a great compilation album, and it'd be nice to own along with Village Green Preservation Society because there's only one song that overlaps (the title one).
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 10:19:00 pm »

Judy, I bought it.
thank you so much for this.

Don't thank me... thank Education. Also thank Achewood for bringing the whole Kinks discussion about!

thedudeabides, that is an excellent suggestion. No more indie-rock (or whatever you listen to) for you, Daniel. The Kinks is where it's at.

And final thanks to Hobot for trying to bring this round to the actual topic.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 03:01:12 am »

Judy, I bought it.
thank you so much for this.

So far: I really like "Do you remember Walter?" because even though I am only 18, I already like to look back at people I knew when I was younger and miss them.
Especially people who i was friends with when I was like 10, and oh man they were so cool but I can't remember their last names.

I think that's my favorite too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 11:27:25 am »

Fact:  Cornelius is offended when Ric Ocasek gives the middle finger while fingering a fifth chord.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The Blogs Are Back In Town: June '06
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 05:40:46 pm »

The idea that the only person who can put up with Pat for any extended period of time is a raving sociopathic murderer is a pretty Wonderful Idea.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up