Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: where did I steal this idea from?  (Read 2245 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
where did I steal this idea from?
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:26:31 pm »

this is what happens when hip-hop culture has overly infiltrated even non-hip-hop-listening segments of a high-school population, resulting in ironic usage of hip-hop imagery.

the hubcap is my bling.
everyone thought this was really clever.
But, the task I am putting to y'all is this: where did I steal this idea from? I seem to remember seeing this elsewhere. And I am not content in plagiarising.

Also: be glad I am not posting the "pimpin'" picture where I am surrounded by girls making awkward faces, and I am making a face which I thought looked "tough."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: where did I steal this idea from?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 08:04:41 pm »

Somewhere underwater?  Mount Fuzzlevania?  Outtafocusville?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: where did I steal this idea from?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 10:38:25 pm »

that was not a picture taken by me.
I am sorry for this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: where did I steal this idea from?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 01:47:00 am »

Flava Flav?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: where did I steal this idea from?
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:16:08 am »

the hubcap is my bling.
everyone thought this was really clever.
But, the task I am putting to y'all is this: where did I steal this idea from? I seem to remember seeing this elsewhere. And I am not content in plagiarising.

There was a Simpsons where they wore hood ornaments. But I don't remember ever seeing hubcaps.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: where did I steal this idea from?
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 02:39:29 am »

You can buy light-up, spinning, miniature versions here, so I'm guessing someone started out with the big one somewhere.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: where did I steal this idea from?
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 05:06:56 am »

Off the tire of a Corolla?
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: where did I steal this idea from?
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 06:14:15 am »

At first, when I started using Snoop-speak, with the -izzles and so on... people didn't know if I was kidding or not, as a very very white person. Nowadays, people are rather sure that I am using it as such and all is gizzle in the hizzle. I do, however, believe that no one actually ever used Snoop-speak and it was just an experiment to see if suburban white kids would start saying it. So that they could laugh at them very very hard.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: where did I steal this idea from?
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 08:13:10 am »

It's actually pretty hilarious. As far as I know, Snoop cribbed the izzle speak from a 1970s song called "Double Dutch Man." It has these high-pitched girls' voices saying, "Dizz-uble-Dizz-utch! Dizz-ubble, Dizz-ubble, Dizz-ubble Dizz-utch!" and then there's this really dirty old man's voice talking about getting on the double dutch bus. Creepy.

My favorite part of the "fo shizzle!" was seeing a picture of a sign for a  Pho shop (vietnamese noodle soup shop) on Derek Kirk Kim's website that read, "Pho Shizzle". I almost peed myself laughing. Somebody CJ that for me, please?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: where did I steal this idea from?
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 12:50:10 pm »

this is the only time I have been able to accomplish a cortjstr:

it is here.

because I had saved it on my computer.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: where did I steal this idea from?
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 02:26:52 pm »

I remember reading somewhere that the kids in the "Double Dutch Bus" song were speaking in Pig Latin. But I don't know the exact rules of that language, I'm still trying to figure out Cockney Rhyming Slang.

But take it from Chef:
Well, like with our slang. Black people always used to say, "I'm in the house" instead of "I'm here." But then white people all started to say "in the house" so we switched it to "in the hizzouse." Hizzouse became hizzizzouse, and then white folk started saying that, and we had to change it to hizzie, then "in the hizzle" which we had to change to "hizzle fo shizzle," and now, because white people say "hizzle fo shizzle," we have to say "flippity-floppity-floo."
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Pages: [1]   Go Up