Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graduated!  (Read 6047 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 08:37:57 pm »

I have just finished my GCSE exams! I am a free man who can do whatever he wants.

Fuck Education.

...Yes, in a few months I'll be back at school.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 08:58:01 pm »

Nice work.  Have fun in more school, I remember that feeling well.

"YES, I am done with school."

"So, where you going to college?"

"Fuck."
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 10:16:42 pm »

Congrats!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 10:30:17 pm »

Congrats, Judy.  Now you have more time to explore your other interests, like posting to internet message boards!

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 10:36:25 pm »

Truly, I will relish the extra seven hours each day I have to constantly refresh the 'board and read all the old threads.

Also, I don't have to get up early anymore so I can post after midnight! Wow.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 08:49:11 pm »

So... yeah, I'm back now. The post-graduation road trip bonanza stretched very long, thanks to some bad road directions and parents convinced that we could do everything in one trip, as long as we stayed as miserable as possible the entire time. Whoo!

Anyway, thanks for the well-wishing. I, too, am on the "done with education! ... wait, no, more education" track, although I hope graduate school will be rad. I filed my housing stuff and everything, so maybe this will actually work out. As for the photo requests: here is a cap-and-gown shot. (I'm the one on the left, looking slightly woozy. It was a long ceremony.) And here's an exciting bonus photo taken right before the Senior Gala (College Prom, basically), in which I appear to be cursing God for some misfortune.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 09:00:41 pm »

you look pretty unhappy about what God is doing to you at that point.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2006, 09:11:13 pm »

Nice dress, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2006, 08:54:16 am »

Congratulations again to all of the recent graduates.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD, BITCHES

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2006, 05:37:50 pm »

you look pretty unhappy about what God is doing to you at that point.

Nice dress, though.

And a beautiful lady filling it up.

Now, tell us about this miserable road trip please.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Graduated!
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2006, 09:41:13 pm »

And a beautiful lady filling it up.

Now, tell us about this miserable road trip please.

~Paul
Well, sure, if you insist, Mr. Flattery. The highlights:

* My father spent the entire packing process harrassing me about how much stuff I own ("gee, Dad, sorry I have possessions") and generally being anti-supportive the entire damn time. This summed up to being about at saturation with him before we even left.
* I had to vacate my room by 5:00 the day of graduation, which meant that celebrating got cut short for one last burst of PACKING PANIC, leaving a lot of things undone in the rush to GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT WHAT THE FUCK.
* The first stop was in Columbus, in which I attempted to get information despite my parents following around and... well, treating me like less than adult. (Hint to my mother: if you really want to follow me into the graduate housing office, this is fine, but let me ask the questions, okay? I am a freaking graduate student. I should be able to ask about this crap.) Combined with how genuinely disoriented I was about the whole apartment-hunting process, I immediately became very tired and very low-self-esteem.
* After that... Minnesota, where my grandmother is in very bad shape and I ran into some health problems of my own, such that I spent the entire long weekend either awkward, desperately bored, in pain, or a combination thereof. I really did not comport myself in a way I am proud of, but at that point I was epically tired.
* All of these anecdotes were interwoven with days on end in a car -- cramped, boring, long, inexplicably tiring... gah.

So, yeah, I'm whiny.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up