Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006  (Read 4200 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« on: June 05, 2006, 05:54:00 am »

Link

The sad part is I know a dude with that speaker.

Alternate titles include but are not limited to:

AGH! SLAM!

Oh dang I ain't seen Mr. Wheels in basically forever.

and "Like that one villain in Krunkman Kronicles".
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 05:55:48 am »

the sad part is that the concept of that comic book is hell of childish.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 05:57:53 am »

This sequence has had some really good single panels ... Teodor's magnadong being pulled by the speaker and ultimately stuck to the door are fine examples of that. Nothing will beat "The Boys Are Back In Town!" though.

I'd make a joke about Teodor being "hung" too, but fuck if I can figure one out right now.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 06:29:35 am »

You see, the great thing is... Krunkman sounds as much like a street-wise rappin' African-American superhero with the powers of rap as it does like a late-middle-aged Jewish-American superhero with the powers of hard-earned wisdom and good cooking.

So I'm imagining the character as... like... "By day, Jacob Krunkmann is a mildmannered agent for low-profile sports figures, such as backup-shortshops professional wrestlers and fieldgoal kickers... but by night, he battles crime as Krunkman! Evil cowers when he lets forth his mighty battle cry... BASS IN YOUR FACE!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 07:35:59 am »

BASS IN YOUR FACE!"


Yeeeaaaaaaaaaah boooooooy!!!

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 10:45:24 am »

If going over 2.5 ounces of counterweight by a little (paperclips, etc) is bad, how out of his mind will Teodor be now that he is hanging from his phantom dong?  That's like your own body weight in dong, man.  That's got to be like all drumbeats and fire and spearing mammoths.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 11:40:33 am »

Look at how proud Ray is that he had to use "Mr. Wheels".  Ray's consumer whorism knows no shame.  "This speaker is so big I couldn't even get it in here without an accessory!"  It's like a kid you can't be mad at because they're so proud of doing the wrong thing.  "Did you see how many glasses I broke?!"  All smiling big as the sun.

Then there's Beef.  "Oh dang I ain't seen Mr. Wheels in basically forever."  Now I picture it as some sort of childhood item that they found somewhere.  Maybe it served as a replacement skateboard for Roast Beef sometimes in his Circumstances. 

Those are the two panels I got the most out of anyway.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 01:00:38 pm »

oh god, I want a flashback of a'rrosto beef trying to skateboard on it, and Ray being all "it's ok, dude! we know you're poor!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 01:11:39 pm »

Look at how proud Ray is that he had to use "Mr. Wheels".  Ray's consumer whorism knows no shame.  "This speaker is so big I couldn't even get it in here without an accessory!"  It's like a kid you can't be mad at because they're so proud of doing the wrong thing.  "Did you see how many glasses I broke?!"  All smiling big as the sun.

Then there's Beef.  "Oh dang I ain't seen Mr. Wheels in basically forever."  Now I picture it as some sort of childhood item that they found somewhere.  Maybe it served as a replacement skateboard for Roast Beef sometimes in his Circumstances. 

Those are the two panels I got the most out of anyway.


Mr. Wheels the two-man street luge.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 01:27:58 pm »


Then there's Beef.  "Oh dang I ain't seen Mr. Wheels in basically forever." 

YES this is the best.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 02:37:28 pm »

My goodness how I laughed at this strip.  I guffawed.

It's been quite a while since I've guffawed at Achewood.  I've missed it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

mkilly

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • Glitter & Twang
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 04:03:58 pm »

I liked Beef's "basically forever" remark too.

Why could the speaker drag dude across his room through the door, but did not affect R.B. or R.S. in a like fashion (who were still equipped such as dude).
Logged
I never age at all, never die, unlike all the stars in the sky I'll be young forever and why?--'cause I'm a vampire.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 04:06:51 pm »

I liked Beef's "basically forever" remark too.

Why could the speaker drag dude across his room through the door, but did not affect R.B. or R.S. in a like fashion (who were still equipped such as dude).

Beef has a phone and Ray has a carefully balanced cup of water as weights. These would not be affected by Ray's speaker, unlike Teodor's fridge magnet affair.

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

mkilly

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • Glitter & Twang
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 04:10:49 pm »

Oh, right. I feel foolish. It was all that drugs I did this weekend I guess.
Logged
I never age at all, never die, unlike all the stars in the sky I'll be young forever and why?--'cause I'm a vampire.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 04:29:53 pm »

Beef has a phone and Ray has a carefully balanced cup of water as weights. These would not be affected by Ray's speaker, unlike Teodor's fridge magnet affair.

Ray gave up his cup to Philippe, why is he unaffected?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up