Dang, we ought to be able to get money for that.
You will. We are making the taxpayers and social security contributors and the caregivers of tomorrow.
As for kids, if you don't want them, please don't make them.
If you aren't ready for them or don't feel like you can provide adequately don't make them.
If you have a plan where you expect to get ADC or WIC or some other program, don't make them.
If your entire reasoning is to get your mom off your back or save a relationship, don't make them.
I love kids - I have very rarely met a kid I didn't like. In general, they are energetic, honest and interesting to be around. However I have met many, many parents who I can't stand though.
As for banking, paying big bucks for fertility treatments after 40, etc...I find the whole baby creating industry kind of unnatural, but I also know some really wonderful people who were in their 20s and 30s who had to resort to treatments to have kids, and they are great parents and great families. I also suspect some of the celebrity moms out there have an 'accessorizing' mindset when they have high-profile pregnancies and children with weird names.
Just be you, Somebody nice. If that you doesn't have kids, your mom will have to deal with that. If your mom is that type that will overparent you, parent your parenting, and counter-parent your kid, don't do it within 1000 miles of her.