Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card  (Read 9852 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2006, 08:33:32 am »

Did I accidentally make a clever reference? I have never heard the songs under discussion. Am I presumed to have referred to them?

See jough?  SEE?!  I was not stating the obvious!  I was giving Ben-AFK education!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2006, 12:06:48 pm »

Man, Ben, you somehow managed to allude to like three different songs all from the same album in one sentence.  It was, I thought, a masterwork of associative composition.

Obviously you must now go out and purchase Soul Coughing's "Ruby Vroom."  It is a sign.  The sign is that life is awesome.

Also, inev, it is likely that you were such as 13 years old when the band disbanded, and maybe ten or eleven when they put their first album out, so it is  not unreasonable to expect that you may not have heard them.  They weren't exactly Top of the Pops Radio Band.

Also, the other two Soul Coughing albums are also signs that life is awesome.  They were such a good band.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2006, 12:24:11 pm »

Mike Doughty's solo stuff is good, too, though I'll admit I've only really heard Skittish. Which I own on a little cd-r that I purchased from him following a show when he was touring around the country with just him and a guitar in a hatchback. Nice guy, too.

Asshole in the audience - "Freebird!"
Mike - "You! Freebird Guy! You are a cancer upon the body of rock!"
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2006, 06:32:14 pm »

Mike Doughty's solo stuff is good, too, though I'll admit I've only really heard Skittish. Which I own on a little cd-r that I purchased from him following a show when he was touring around the country with just him and a guitar in a hatchback. Nice guy, too.

Asshole in the audience - "Freebird!"
Mike - "You! Freebird Guy! You are a cancer upon the body of rock!"

You can now get Skittish and Rockity Roll on one convenient album. But I prefer Haughty Melodic. If for no other reason than that album names which are anagrams of the artist name rock my world.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2006, 11:04:34 pm »

I have the double album CD but I have never actually listened to it.  I heard it sucks and I just can't bring myself to hear it with older ears.

I should get Haughty Melodic, though.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2006, 09:23:40 pm »

Man, I love coming back from long hiatuses (hiati?) I read the first couple of pages of the thread, which are on topic, then click to page 5 -- bam! All music! I'm surprised it's not about cats.

Have I mentioned that I love you people?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2006, 11:40:56 pm »

I read early threads on this board, and you heathens used to close threads that had wandered off. How? Why?

I laughed pretty hard, once I figured out what was going on (ie: at first i said "wait, she's closing the topic? it's "Too Off-topic"... what does that mean?")
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2006, 01:24:03 am »

I read early threads on this board, and you heathens used to close threads that had wandered off. How? Why?

I laughed pretty hard, once I figured out what was going on (ie: at first i said "wait, she's closing the topic? it's "Too Off-topic"... what does that mean?")

We've matured since then.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2006, 08:55:35 am »

Onstad used to have a tradition where whenever he'd get bored with a topic/thread he'd close it arbitrarily.

JL had a bit of fun for the first... year or so... doing the same.

I only closed threads that were LAME.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up