Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006  (Read 3438 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« on: June 07, 2006, 11:32:03 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06072006

It is true. Think of all the big secrets that are hidden out in the open like that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:06:19 pm »

~fin~

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:31:21 pm »

If he had worn a wireless headset, Son of Sam would have seemed perfectly normal as he communicated with the dog that told him to kill people.  New Yorkers would have been all, "It's good to have this guy in my town!  He's the bomb!"

I don't know about you, but if I saw a kid wearing metal underp-a-n-t-s, I'd be askin' questions.

Also, Beef makes the perfect crazy homeless guy/important-acting yuppie.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:47:06 pm »

Man oh man I love me that Roasted Beef.

He's absolutely right about crazy things better out in the open. 


STORY TIME:

My entire family is made up of chicanerers and pranksters.  One year, for my Uncle's birthday, my parents and one of my other Uncle's decided it would be a great time to play a prank on him.  I was maybe 8 or so at the time.  We drove around town collecting "For Sale" signs out of the yards of homes and my Dad even managed to snag one of those HUGE yellow posted Century 21 signs.  All in all we collected about 45 signs, but we needed a place close to my Uncle's house to put the Century 21 sign back together.  With a truck loaded with stolen signs my Dad and Other Uncle weren't sure where to do this till my Dad said, "Out in the 7-11 parking lot.  Just act like it's normal and no one will say a thing."

So there they headed.  At 1am.  Two guys putting together this ridiculously massive for sale sign with all these others in the back of a truck.  Oh and there was a toilet and a mannequin back there too that eventually went on his lawn as well.  Yeah, I dunno why that was there either.

Anyway, as they were there a fight broke out in the parking space next to us, some real low marital dispute action.  The cops pulled up all lights flashing and whatnot.  I remember being very very nervous looking out from the back of the car in which we had ridden.  My Dad and Other Uncle just went about doing what they were completely conspicuously and hence did we finish up and drive off.  The signs were then implanted (as was the toilet and mannequin) and we were on our way.

So, Roast Beef is absolutely right.  It's when you're trying to hide that you'll look shady.  If nothing appears to be awry, people will often assume it isn't.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 12:53:09 pm »

For the lazy: And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 01:06:21 pm »

The other week I was thinking about how wireless cell phone headsets are making it harder to spot crazy people in public.  Ten years ago, if you saw someone carrying on a conversation, standing by himself, you knew the guy was a nut.  Now, he may just be talking on a wireless headset.  I was filling up at a gas station around the same time and I saw some dirty, shirtless kid sitting under a pay phone blabbing away to himself.  Ten years ago, I would have known to avoid him because he might stab me.  But this time I felt bad for judging him because maybe I just couldn't see his headset.  This could be a serious problem.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 01:35:48 pm »

I don't know about you, but if I saw a kid wearing metal underp-a-n-t-s, I'd be askin' questions.

We are talking about Phillipe of the 'Speaker Sneakers' and 'walk around butt' fame here right?

You are correct about Beef's multi-talentedness though and I do like that they had thought this through enough to be read to demonstrate for Teodore.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 02:26:26 pm »

This could be a serious problem.

This regularly causes problems for me. My neighborhood is half self-medicating crackheads and half important-looking hipster-yuppies. I get real confused.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 02:59:27 pm »

Now the only thing about this strip that made me sit up and take notice was the reference to Blank Page by the Pumpkins. It is a truly tremendous piece of work, but I really think it's a little too melancholy for any sort of Twisting - solo or not.

Thinking about it - Solo Twister to Blank Page could easily appear on stage at some loony dance company playhouse, or midway through an episode of Big Train.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 03:58:36 pm »

So, Roast Beef is absolutely right.  It's when you're trying to hide that you'll look shady.  If nothing appears to be awry, people will often assume it isn't.

In the book Illuminati, a drug cartel buys a bunch of trucks and puts "Brazilian Cocaine Importers" on the sides.  The trucks are stopped all the time, but they are empty.  After six months or so, the cops stop pulling them over, and the actual cocaine transportation begins.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 04:01:12 pm »

My neighborhood is half self-medicating crackheads and half important-looking hipster-yuppies. I get real confused.

And I love you for that. Watch your head for a flying tiny can.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 04:30:56 pm »

I'm not surprised they use that song for Twister.

Blank page, after all, is all the rage.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 04:52:29 pm »

In the book Illuminati, a drug cartel buys a bunch of trucks and puts "Brazilian Cocaine Importers" on the sides.  The trucks are stopped all the time, but they are empty.  After six months or so, the cops stop pulling them over, and the actual cocaine transportation begins.

That would fnord never work fnord.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 05:24:24 pm »

That would fnord never work fnord.


23 Skidoo!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Alright men back to the Meganerd hideout -June 7 2006
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 06:00:45 pm »

but... once a lot of cocaine problems started happening, wouldn't they check out the trucks?
fnord? what?

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up