Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sneaker Speakers  (Read 1423 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sneaker Speakers
« on: June 08, 2006, 02:56:01 pm »

It was inevitable, of course:

http://www.dadafootwear.com/

Bonus points to the first Touamber to post a video on youtube walking around with these playing "Here Comes a Special Boy."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Sneaker Speakers
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 02:59:15 pm »

Man I wouldn't be caught dead with a set of those "evidence that we as a society have long ago reached runaway consumerism level 60" on my feet, much less on video.

Look at the "chrome".  Jeezus.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sneaker Speakers
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 03:01:50 pm »

The web site pretty much calls anyone who would wear them an idiot, too.  It says something like (it's all flash so I can't quote and I don't feel like renavigating it to get an exact quote) "12 to 25 year olds are spending so much money on stupid shit that they may as well buy our stupid shit too.  We totally want a piece of the 'idiot kids gots too much cashish on their hands' market."

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Sneaker Speakers
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 03:47:01 pm »

I happen to think those particular shoes look "fly". I would love to wear those shoes, as they are "all the way live". It wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to suggest they are even bordering on "the bomb, diggity".

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sneaker Speakers
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 04:27:51 pm »

I know you're joking, but people who use those words or phrases are part of the problem, my friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up