Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I am a fan of achewood!  (Read 10679 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

looksikin

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
I am a fan of achewood!
« on: June 10, 2006, 03:06:17 pm »

My name's Nick.

I live in Miami.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 03:09:20 pm »

So, Nick...

Tell us about yourself.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 04:21:54 pm »

Hi Nick, welcome to the group.  How long have you been a fan of Achewood?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 04:58:16 pm »

And have you read the whole messageboard archive?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 05:12:24 pm »

And have you read the whole messageboard archive?

Yes Nick.  Have you?   HAVE YOU GODAMMIT?!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 11:01:19 pm »

Hey, everybody, go easy on Nick.  After all, he is a fan of Achewood.  The exclamation mark clinched it.

Seriously, Nick, welcome, and don't be afraid to read through the archives.  They'll give you a feel for the board and will prevent you from being a cock to strangers.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 11:21:37 pm »

I like declaratory statements!

I kissed a girl and I am proud!

Hello, Nick. Welcome to the board. You will find that we "take the piss" a lot, but it is all meant in a friendly way.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 11:50:43 pm »

You will find that we "take the piss" a lot...

I don't think that's quite right.  I'm sure you've gotten this expression wrong somehow.  Judy, can you back me up on this.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 11:54:26 pm »

I don't think that's quite right.  I'm sure you've gotten this expression wrong somehow.  Judy, can you back me up on this.

~Paul

I am not English but as a closet anglophile I can say "taking the piss" is indeed the phrase.  Mostly because I used to give a Brit-friend of mine crap about "collecting jars of urine" whenever he said it.

So I guess I was taking the piss out of his taking piss. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 11:57:43 pm »

So when you give someone crap, you take the piss?  That's a fair trade I guess.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 12:00:34 am »

So when you give someone crap, you take the piss?  That's a fair trade I guess.

~Paul

Man, I am completely not getting into a thing where I start speculating on the exchange rate of crap:piss.  I will say that would make travelling a lot less sexy.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 11:06:49 am »

I don't think that's quite right.  I'm sure you've gotten this expression wrong somehow.  Judy, can you back me up on this.

~Paul

As Q has confirmed, he is unfortunately right. Here are some alternatives, however:

Taking the Mick
Taking the jiffy
Taking the swish
Taking the nuts
Taking the mop
Taking the pencil
Taking the cake

All of these are a lot less offensive, yet also more hilarious. Yet they are still real Brit slang. Pretty swish, wot?

As for looksikin, I apologise for any offensive conduct earlier. Seriously mate, make yourself at home.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 02:17:55 pm »

Is is wrong if I only just now realized that that moniker is supposed to be "Nick is cool" but backwords and with cool spelled like the cigarette brand and with Nick missing a C?

That's not a good commando name, but I'll let it slide because it took me two damn days to catch it.  I must be getting old.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 02:52:41 pm »

Ah, Home Star Runner - the cream of the internet crop.  Really, it is.

Also, You have scared Kool Nic away. 

Also, I briefly worked for the Kool Cigarretes and Skol chewing tobbacco call centre during the marketing of the new, berry flavoured chewing tobbacco.  And I died just a little bit at that job.

Also, welcome Nic. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 03:01:07 am »

In America "swish" is slang for a homosexual.

So taking the swish would be the answer to the question "Who are you taking to the wedding on Saturday?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up