Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I am a fan of achewood!  (Read 10680 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2006, 04:29:33 am »

In the film Awakenings Robin William's character said to someone "If you were right I'd agree with you." and that phrase has always stuck.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2006, 05:29:52 am »

that film is pretty great.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2006, 11:18:54 am »

I am trying to bring the expression "He does not suffer fools gladly" back into common parlance, just to describe elitist curmudgeons like Jough, myself, and probably the whole rest of the boards.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2006, 11:24:17 am »

probably the whole rest of the boards.

Someone I used to work for actually said that about me, so count me in.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2006, 12:55:44 pm »

I am trying to bring the expression "He does not suffer fools gladly" back into common parlance, just to describe elitist curmudgeons like Jough, myself, and probably the whole rest of the boards.

Clearly you've been secretly watching me while I'm at work.

It's 2006. How can a person not know that the lid of the copier can be lifted and documents placed directly on the glass? Seriously people.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2006, 01:00:28 pm »

Clearly you've been secretly watching me while I'm at work.

It's 2006. How can a person not know that the lid of the copier can be lifted and documents placed directly on the glass? Seriously people.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Now hold on, there.  What the fuck?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2006, 01:33:25 pm »

Clearly you've been secretly watching me while I'm at work.

It's 2006. How can a person not know that the lid of the copier can be lifted and documents placed directly on the glass? Seriously people.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Now hold on, there.  What the fuck?

I'm totally serious. This girl two desks over was standing at the copier complaining because the paper she had was too too curled/frayed at the edges for the document-feeder on the copier. So she thought there was no way to copy it. Somebody had to walk over and lift up the top of the copier and place the paper on the glass for her. She seriously thought it only lifted up to clear jams.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2006, 01:39:09 pm »

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Now hold on, there.  What the fuck?


I'm totally serious. This girl two desks over was standing at the copier complaining because the paper she had was too too curled/frayed at the edges for the document-feeder on the copier. So she thought there was no way to copy it. Somebody had to walk over and lift up the top of the copier and place the paper on the glass for her. She seriously thought it only lifted up to clear jams.

I think Hobot was pretending that she didn't know you could do this either.  I only say this because that is my secret hope as that is how I originally read it and it and it made me laugh so much I was kind of jealous I didn't say it instead.  I've got to get a handle on this, diary. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2006, 01:48:56 pm »

I think Hobot was pretending that she didn't know you could do this either.

That's the way I understood it.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2006, 02:18:41 pm »

it's funny, because until recently I thought that was the only way you could copy things.

of course, I do not often have the occasion to use a copier.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2006, 02:28:41 pm »

See, I had the opposite experience.  I was in the copy room, and a co-worker came in and asked what the hell the papers were doing on top of the copier (aka in the feeder).  I explained that those are the originals, but she didn't get it, because the machine was scanning them then spitting them out, so I just walked away.

I also took Hobot to be playing ignorant, and found it amusing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2006, 02:35:06 pm »

I think Hobot was pretending that she didn't know you could do this either.  I only say this because that is my secret hope as that is how I originally read it and it and it made me laugh so much I was kind of jealous I didn't say it instead.  I've got to get a handle on this, diary. 

That does make sense. When I told this story to my SO her reaction was the one I interpretted here. That she must've misunderstood my story because nobody could possibly be this stupid at survive to adulthood.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2006, 03:35:33 pm »

that film is pretty great.

You should check out Dr. Oliver Sacks' books, especially The Man Who Thought His Wife Was a Hat.  Neurological!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2006, 03:56:24 pm »

nobody could possibly be this stupid at survive to adulthood.

I suppose it would be nice to go all those years never having had to make your own photocopies.  Reminds me, I knew a couple of girls who volunteered at the zoo for a while who swept a floor like they had never handled a broom before - it was clearly a totally unfamilar experience for them.  We could only assume that their families had always had housecleaners.  It's rough to grow up without all the disadvantages, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2006, 08:06:46 pm »

aug-- did he try to... did he try to wear his wife as a hat?

I'm trying to wrap my head around it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up