Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I am a fan of achewood!  (Read 10675 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2006, 08:08:05 pm »

aug-- did he try to... did he try to wear his wife as a hat?

he was trying to wrap his head inside it.

Fixed!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2006, 08:19:02 pm »

Awakenings was also based on one of his books, titled, surprisingly enough "Awakenings".

http://www.oliversacks.com/writing.htm

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2006, 01:06:25 am »

I can't tell if Jough was being informative or extracting the urine.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2006, 10:34:42 pm »

I can't tell if Jough was being informative or extracting the urine.

Or worse yet, extracting the urine from someone.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2006, 01:49:27 pm »

Yeah... yeah, we've officially scared looksicin away.  I'm sorry nic, or who ever you are.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

looksikin

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2007, 11:20:09 pm »

Check out how popular my thread is.
Logged

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2007, 01:09:44 am »

I did. It's pretty intense. Are you proud?

You should be proud.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2007, 01:29:51 am »

I'm terribly disappointed. I was told there would be linguists here. I found some vague references to linguistics, and a handful of people debating the usage of the expression "taking a piss" (which is totally something linguists would do), but so far I haven't seen enough to confirm those rumors. Are there any linguists here? Because I'm really, really lonely.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2007, 01:40:21 am »

There used to be, but not anymore. 

What kind of linguist are you, and why?

And who told you that?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2007, 01:59:02 am »

*cries*

Where did they all go?

I'm a cunning one, of course, because I was able to convince a proponent of G&B to give me his cheese by flattering him.

And Bjorn told me. Serves me right for believing the likes of him.

*sigh*


Okay, okay. I'm a diachronic morphologist, most of the time. Sometimes I'm a sociolinguist. The third Thursday of every month, I'm a syntactician, but I don't enjoy it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 02:03:57 am by Muse_Of_Fire »
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2007, 02:05:42 am »


And Bjorn told me. Serves me right for believing the likes of him.

*sigh*

Faith? DESTROYED.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2007, 02:20:48 am »

Well, Muse, if you stick around, you sound excellently qualified to take over the duty of executing the smackdown when one of the recurring prescriptive grammar wars breaks out.  I'm kind of tired of it.


Also, can for not enjoying being a syntactician.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2007, 02:26:22 am »

Are Bjorn, Muse and possibly Looksikin friends from somewhere else or... am I just my naturally confused self?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2007, 02:27:06 am »

You are two-thirds correct, sir.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I am a fan of achewood!
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2007, 02:32:03 am »

Good, good, just checkin'.

I sometimes confuse "banter that simulates familiarity online" with "actual familiarity" and...

Wanted to see where my sensors are at.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up