Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixdisc from '04  (Read 3623 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Mixdisc from '04
« on: June 11, 2006, 09:15:42 pm »

This is one that I recieved in our first mixdisc trade back in the day.  There are no marks to tell me who this one came from and I would like to know.

Here's the track listing...

Devo - We're All DEVO
Social Distortion - Bad Luck
Suicidal Tendencies - Alone
Devo - Gates of Steel
Anti-Nowhere League Steets of London
Anti-Nowhere League - Woman
Rolling Stones - Beast of Burden
Devo - Jerkin' Back 'n Forth
Devo - Freedon of Choice
Smithereens - Blood and Roses
The Offspring - Self Esteem
Suicidal Tendencies - You Can't B ring Me Down
Oingo Boingo - Who Do You Want to Be
Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh
Oingo Boingo - Grey Matter
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Life By The Drop
Dead Kennedys - Viva Las Vegas
Ton Loc - Funky Cold Medina

Can anyone tell me who made this mix?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 10:16:04 pm »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's definitely a California mix.  Clearly.

My guess (even though I wasn't around then) would be AsherDan. 

Furthermore if you're going to do a Boingo track then make it "No One Lives Forever" or "Pedestrian Wolves" dammit!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 11:50:26 pm »

That's very good work there Q.  I'm pretty sure it's Asherdan's mix.  I searched back to the review threads from over two years ago and he made a mix, but there isn't a tracklist.  I think most of the rest of my achewood mixes are accounted for so this one must be his.  Since he's on hiatus, can anyone else confirm that this is in fact Ash's mix?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 12:13:08 am »

So can noone tell me if this is for sure Asherdan's mixdisc?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 02:39:29 am »

I have the same CD, and there is nothing written on it but song and band names.  Such is life.

ETA: on the other hand...
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 02:47:13 am »



ETA: on the other hand...

Score another point for my investigative intuition!!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 02:51:09 am »

Sweet, thank you.  I'm encorporating the senders name into the album name so it will be forever reminding me who sent it to me whenever it appears on my i-pod.  I'm doing this for all my mixes.  So this one doesn't have a name either.  Any clever ideas for a name such as Anglaudiophile up your sleeve Q?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 02:52:35 am »

SoCal Comfort?


oh wait.. you wanted the sender's name too.   Hrm..


RedWood Asher Do?


man.. I dunno.. Asherdan is a tough name off of which to play wordgames with.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 02:54:09 am »

SoCal Comfort?

Well I guess they can't all be gems.

SoCal Comfort it is!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 02:55:33 am »

Oh wait, I get it now.  Very clever.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 02:56:31 am »

Oh wait, I get it now.  Very clever.

~Paul

Heh.. and I was about to post "Sorry to have let you down Paul.. so sorry."

But I am glad it still hits on the clev-o-meter.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 02:57:12 am »

oh wait.. you wanted the sender's name too.   Hrm..

The name will look like this 'SoCal Comfort [Asherdan]'

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 02:58:18 am »

The name will look like this 'SoCal Comfort [Asherdan]'

~Paul

That works then.  Great things happen when we work together!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 03:03:17 am »

That works then.  Great things happen when we work together!

I've got one called 'Q's Pirate Mix [Misterqueue]'

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mixdisc from '04
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 03:08:39 am »

Eee!   That makes me very happy then!  I hope it is pleasing.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up