Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Fugazi for a friend?  (Read 3284 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Which Fugazi for a friend?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 03:06:03 am »

ok, I think I am going to just make him a mix.

Oh I see, you'll make him a mix.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Which Fugazi for a friend?
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 03:45:35 am »

I wasn't going to say anything, but since no one else did I will say what first popped into my head after reading the thread title:  Dear God, none.  If he is a liberal just give him a copy of Gang of Four's Entertainment and it will change his life forever.

I like 'Solid Gold' over 'Entertainment.'  But really, Fugazi, though influenced by Gang of Four, is the better band.  Hands down.  Best live shows ever.

Oh yeah, my friend, who is really conservative, considers 'Solid Gold' a favorite album.  He likes Fugazi better, too.

Really? Entertainment? I can't ever get into it. I end up skipping most of the songs.

I feel the same way about Wire.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Which Fugazi for a friend?
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 04:28:33 am »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Which Fugazi for a friend?
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 05:32:07 am »

yeah. sorry, paul. I will work on y'all's mix soon.

I am just afraid that it will be all songs that are Old News. I have been told that I need to "man up and step correct" about this.

Have you heard of Pixies? they are a pretty good band. This guy produced one of their albums who also produced one for Nirvana! some Albino guy or something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Which Fugazi for a friend?
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 12:48:58 pm »

Don't worry Inev!  It will all be news to me!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up