Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement  (Read 4118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06132006

I didn't have very high hopes for this arc at first, but this comic, especially those last two panels, has piqued my interest. Just hearing Vlad talk about having his hand raped is enough to win me over. Would recommend to a friend!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:54:01 am by melack »
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:00:24 am »

Yea, this is turning out to be pretty awesome.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 07:26:22 am »

I've kind of gone off Mr. Bear ever since he laid into Phillipe because of his click-bot scarring but he's back in my good books here.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:13:01 am »

It is clear from this that Cornelius is nothing less than a Stone Cold Killa
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 11:07:10 am »

No laughs, but then again I've never laughed at a single Calvin & Hobbes strip yet still thumb through the collections every day. Laughing is all on the inside.

I was VERY upset, however, that the man-in-the-box wasn't Nice Pete. If you're going to have a convicted criminal, it's gotta be Nice Pete. I further lament the lack of Pat we've seen so far. After his no-show in the cooking event I thought we'd at least see a little more of him in the next round. But no. Onstad better be saving something up.

Also: We need a blog entry about his prison days. Is there ANYTHING this man hasn't done?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 11:53:41 am »

I would like to know whether the career prisoner is another one of those things that was just sort of lying around Ray's garage.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 11:56:59 am »

I like Téodor's dramatic gesture of holding his hand aloft to illustrate his point.

It would seem that Vlad somehow lost his shirt between panels two and six, but I am nevertheless filled with glee at his significant presence in this strip.  Look at his eyebrows in panel two!  Wonderful.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 12:36:22 pm »

"He rape my face.  He rape my hand."  Man oh man, horrible horrible prison rape has never been more cynically amusing!

Mr. Bear is suddenly more badass.  It's true though, Germans are awesome if you have to make a stereotype.  Clearly.

Also, all I could think about for the Austrian bit was Ahhhhnold throwing his poo in a festive manner and howling.  This wasn't so hard to do given his movies.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 12:57:31 pm »

Cornelius is one bad mutha...

Shut your mouth!

But I'm just talkin' 'bout Mr. Bear.
Logged

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 01:31:24 pm »

People, Please!

We are ignoring the real issue here - from whence does Mr. Bear's encyclopedic knowledge of the clink stem?

Did he kill a man who dishonored him and with whom he dueled on a misty morning's dawn?
Was he caught trying to sneak some of Mr. Castro's finest handrolled on a visit to Cuba during his wayward youth?
Did the police finally catch up with him at the tail end of a three-month long European bender as he was overcome by grief following his dear wife's passing?

We have a right to know.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 02:20:04 pm »

It's true though, Germans are awesome if you have to make a stereotype. Clearly.

Franz Liebkind, you live in my heart.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 02:59:35 pm »

Cornelius is one bad mutha...

Shut your mouth!

But I'm just talkin' 'bout Mr. Bear.
And we can dig it.
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 03:10:17 pm »

I was VERY upset, however, that the man-in-the-box wasn't Nice Pete.

My initial reaction at seeing the the box was that it would be Todd (who's absence at the Badass Games is somewhat disappointing.) Which would make for a pretty great attempt at secrecy....

They locked me up 'cause I hit my old lady. What can I say? The bitch had it coming

F-f-f-f-f-uck n-no!

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 03:28:38 pm »

Oh man, any strip that introduces new ways to refer to blowjobs and handjobs is A-OK in my book ("Hey, how about we go into this bathroom stall and I rape your hand?").

The prisoner seems visibly excited in the last panel, all shaking the box around.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 13 June 2006 - The Austrian is too obsessed with his own excrement
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 03:31:40 pm »

The prisoner seems visibly excited in the last panel, all shaking the box around.

Nice point there. It's clearly the visual equivalent of 'We Have A Winner!'

And to re-iterate: I would like More Pat and More Lyle.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up